If I leave before 24 month, do I pay anything if I purchase upfront?

alain C. #13851
alain C. #13851 Posts: 6 ✭✭
edited November 2022 in Phones

I chatted with agent about upfront payment for pixel 7 pro currently advertised at $730. Specifically asked if I am attached to 24 month contract, was told no BUT reading in detail on fizz website, apparently one has to reimburse the rebates. Currently this model has a rebate of $300 from Google store And bestbuy.

MY QUESTION, if I leave prior to 24 months, what will I need to reimburse.?? Only the fizz rebate ?? Attached is my invoice. There are 3 rebates, OEM, FIZZ and reward. I assume it is only the fizz rebate.

Note that FIZZ is only giving $230 OEM rebate where as all other vendors , including google rebate $300.

Thanks for clarifying

Answers

• Mamie
    Mamie Posts: 1,784 ✭✭

@alain C. #13851

Hi, what you need to refund is the difference between the crossed out price and the discount price listed above when it was on sale. Do you remember the two amounts that were indicated? The current Pixel 7 on sale is $576 and the original price is $799, which is a discount of $223.

How to calculate the refund to Fizz, an example:

1- Locate the rebate on your invoice. Or, if you’re shopping and haven’t purchased yet, the amount of the rebate corresponds to the difference between the crossed-out price and the price that is posted.

2- Divide that amount by 24. Let’s call that result the monthly portion of the rebate. 

Ex. $224/24=$9.33/month 

3- Calculate the number of months from your purchase date to the date at which your plan will be deactivated.

A part-month is rounded up to a full month.

So for example, for 6 months and 2 weeks, we’ll use 7 months.

4- Substract these months from the initial months (24 months in your case) to get the number of leftover months. 

Ex. 24-7 = 17. There are therefore 17 months left. 

5- Multiply the monthly portion of the rebate with the number of leftover months to get the amount due. 

Ex. $9.33/month x 17 months = $158.60 + tx 

https://fizz.ca/en/faq/how-do-promotional-rebates-offered-some-phones-sold-fizz-work

If you pay the discount related to your phone in full, you no longer have any obligation to Fizz.

Hope this brings you some information.

• alain C. #13851

Now out of stock but as attached invoice states, it regularly $1179. And I paid 670 ( without taxes) i can purchase phone directly from Google store, amazon, bestbuy for 879. ( Currently there is an OEM rebate of 300) so why FIzz does not apply this OEM rebate right away. I should not to reimburse that OEM portion..might as well buy from bestbuy... Invoice i attached splits rebates , fizz rebate is 229...so I thought that would be the refundable portion??

• Mamie
    Mamie Posts: 1,784 ✭✭

@alain C. #13851

Hi, the phone I saw on the Fizz site (Google Pixel 7) is currently $576 with the discount, this was an example to calculate the discount.

I can't confirm what you have to pay as a refund on the Google Pixel 7 Pro though; because we cannot see the prices displayed on the Pixel 7 Pro since it is out of stock. And on the help page with the example image, there is no discount other than that of Fizz.

Have you checked in your account if there is a service agreement for the purchase of this device? And if we can find more details there?

if it's not clearly stated, the most accurate answer would be given to you by customer service, I believe.

• Modern_User_2
    Modern_User_2 Posts: 3 ✭✭

🤔 A related question: since the phones are unlocked, then can I buy a new phone after 1st year from Fizz, while keep staying with Fizz? Or does the new phone at discounted price require me to activate a new line, or to increase my current plan's price?

• alain C. #13851

Mamie, can you open file in post.?it is the invoice with costs breakdown