Invalid IMEI error

Options
nikooo
nikooo Posts: 6 ✭✭
edited November 2022 in My Mobile

Im unable to activate.

I get this error:

The IMEI you provided is incorrect

We are unable to transfer your phone number: (438) xxx-xxxxThe IMEI you provided is incorrect.

Its happening to phone number and it is the the right IMEI and when It doesn't allow to resubmit because system says that I already submit it!?!..

So basically I've been paying my plan for a month now, still haven't been able to transfer my phone number so I've been basically paying for nothing and I can't figure out how to actually get them to transfer my number correctly.

Best Answers

• neverwinter
    neverwinter Posts: 2,031 ✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

Mamie, nokooo already talked with Fizz's cs, and he posted an answer from an open ticket too.

• Mamie
    Mamie Posts: 1,784 ✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

@neverwinter

In ticket tracking: « If by any chance you still encouter any difficulties, please reach us via live chat and we assist you in real-time. »

Answers

• nikooo
    Options

However, my IMEI is CORRECT, it's pretty frustrating honestly

• Jess_i88b6
    Jess_i88b6 Posts: 13,041 ✭✭
    edited November 2022
    Options

Hi @nikooo

Is it your phone a dual SIM? Usually the SIM number is looked for a couple of hours for a similar problem.

Did you try with the account number?

3. Your current provider’s account number or phone IMEI is incorrect.

You may have mistyped one of these numbers. Verify your account number or IMEI and try again.

To find your account number: Your current provider’s account number will be on your most recent bill.

To find your IMEI: Dial *#06# on your phone’s keyboard. An IMEI number is your phone’s ‘identity card’. Your current provider uses it to associate your phone with your account. It also allows you to identify yourself and validate your phone number when you request a number transfer. Your current provider will only recognize the IMEI for the most recent phone you used with them.

Only the IMEI from the phone you used with your previous provider can allow the transfer of your number.

If the IMEI number is more than 15 digits long, only use the first 15.

Source: https://fizz.ca/en/faq/im-having-problems-transferring-my-current-phone-number-to-fizz-why-what-can-i-do

• nikooo
    Options

It's not a dual sim, I can only have one sim card.

• nikooo
    Options

problem is, I can't ask for another transfer since I already tried twice

• Mamie
    Options

@nikooo

Hi, there are two ways for transfer. After 2 hours, if you still have a problem by IMEI because of the system, you can request the transfer with the most recent invoice that you have on hand from your old supplier. There are two ways to transfer.

You need:

• The IMEI of your phone. To find it, dial *#06# on the phone you are using with your current provider. If the IMEI number is more than 15 digits long, only use the first 15.

OR

https://fizz.ca/en/faq/activation-how-do-i-transfer-my-current-phone-number-to-fizz number 1

• nikooo
    Options

I understand all of that, but it says retry is not available since I already tried twice. I know the information I wrote is correct, but it doesn't accept. I've been trying daily for two weeks now. I cannot resubmit because Fizz won't let me. The only way for my transfer to work is if Fizz does something because I can't do anything else.

• Jess_i88b6
    Jess_i88b6 Posts: 13,041 ✭✭
    Options

Hi @nikooo

Here we are only users and we can only suggest information from the Fizz's guide or by our experience.

Sorry, only the support can help you :'(

• nikooo
    Options

I know, I appreciate your help a lot. It's simply frustrating since I'm paying for absolutely nothing and no one seems able to help me

• Mamie
    Options

@nikooo

Hi, with the invoice from your last supplier in hand, contact customer service who will surely advise you on the best way to proceed now.

To contact customer service, open this link: https://fizz.ca/en/faq/resolving-issues

and just scroll down until you see the green bubble with a question mark which you click on, then a second click to start your session. Chat is the faster way.

You can also use Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/fizzca/

This discussion has been closed.