allow user to transfer their number

Options
Kouroche
Kouroche Posts: 9 ✭✭

I have mutipe phones under my account in Fizz. I want to allow just one user to transfer their number to a different provider.

How do i do that? is it enough to just add the user to that one number and give them all the permissions?

Answers

• Jess_i88b6
    Jess_i88b6 Posts: 13,037 ✭✭
    edited November 2022
    Options

Hi @Kouroche

You can use the IMEI and the phone number

The IMEI of your phone (the phone that has the plan that you want to transfer). To find it, dial *#06# on the phone you are using with your current provider. If the IMEI number is more than 15 digits long, only use the first 15.

You can also use the account # if you don't want to give the IMEI, the account ID can be found it in My Plans -> Account -> Manage plan, below the phone number you have the account ID or in the service agreement

• Kouroche
    Kouroche Posts: 9 ✭✭
    edited November 2022
    Options

Thank you! My question was really if someone else can do the transfer since their number is currently under my name.

in this case, my son is moving his plan out on his own but currently he is under my account, so I was not sure if adding his to fizz and allowing him to manage his number was enough or if there is something more I need to do.

• Jess_i88b6
    Jess_i88b6 Posts: 13,037 ✭✭
    Options

You should be able to do it without any problem, if you want you can also change the name on your preference, the name should not be an important factor