Can you let me know if the following frequency will work for fizz ? I dont see HSPA 850 in any phone descriptions.
Hi @Mario G. #6440
It seems compatible, you should contact the support to be sure and have an official answer
An LTE compatible phone configured with LTE network preferences must support:
The HSPA 850 MHz frequency for calls.
The dual frequency 1700/2100 MHz (also called AWS or band IV) for mobile data.
A phone that only allows 3G configuration or HSPA network preference must support:
The dual frequency 1700/2100 MHz (also called AWS)
When you buy a new phone, the supported frequencies are usually listed in the technical specifications. If not, do a search on the Internet. There are sites that will confirm the frequencies supported by your phone once you enter its IMEI in their search engine.
Moreover, If you became a mobile member ON or AFTER March 16, 2022.
Your plan should already be activated with a VoLTE compatible SIM card. If you are using a VoLTE-certified phone updated with the latest software update, calls and texts will work in the U.S. If it is not, you will only have access to your mobile data.
See the list of certified phones
Therefore, you should be able to make a calls using VoLTE
You can chat in direct
• Sign into your account
• Follow the link on this page: https://fizz.ca/en/faq/im-unable-log-my-fizz-account-what-do-i-do
• Wait 3 seconds for the green bubble with a '❔' appears at the bottom right of the browser, if you use a phone you must use it in desktop or horizontal mode
• Choose the option 💬 chat
• If the green bubble does not appear make sure your ad blocker is disabled, otherwise try with another browser.
Other means of contact
• Whatsapp: (438) 393-5814
• By private message on Twitter: https://mobile.twitter.com/fizz_ca
• By private message on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/fizzca/
@Mario G. #6440