Payment issues

Options
YMA
YMA Posts: 2 ✭✭

Hello

It is my first month after moving to fizz home internet, I need to pay my bill.

Unfortunately, the credit card i used to activate my account and pay my first month was now declined, even though it is still functioning normally elsewhere!!

I searched the forum for answers, they said i need to make sure that my address was identical to the one on the credit card statement. I tried to delete my credit card, it failed stating that a payment method should be available for the plan. I tried to add the same credit card and while making sure of the address, Fizz also declined it!!!

I can't delete my payment method to re-add it, and i can't add it a second time.

The issue is that i used it normally the first time while becoming a new client, now it is failing and i don't have another card to use !!

How can i resolve this issue ??]

Thank you

Answers

• PF_Ref_D2U9A
    PF_Ref_D2U9A Posts: 5,753 ✭✭
    Options

Hi

If you need to contact Fizz customer service, you can do so by opening this link: https://fizz.ca/en/faq/resolving-issues and simply scroll down until you see the green bubble, then click on it to start your chat session with Fizz customer service.

You can also do it on Facebook: https://facebook.com/fizzca

-By private message on Twitter : https://mobile.twitter.com/fizz_ca

-Whatsapp : (438) 393-5814

• PF_Ref_D2U9A
    Options

Here is some info from Fizz regarding your monthly payment.

My monthly payment failed.

An email and a text will be sent to you to notify you of the payment failure. From that moment, you have until the end of your current payment cycle, so 72 hours from the time the payment attempt failed, to proceed with the payment of your plan to avoid it being suspended, and eventually cancelled.

If you catch up on your payment in time.  

If you make your payment within the 72 hours (the specific date and time of that deadline will be specified in your account, as well as in the communications that will be sent to you), there is no impact or consequence: your services will remain activated. 

If you don’t catch up on your payment within that 72-hour window.  

If you fail to catch up on your payment in time, your plan will be suspended. You won’t be able to use your services until a payment is made to reactivate them. 

If a payment fails for more than one plan.  

If you have several plans for which the payment failed, you’ll receive automatic reminders for each of them. Each reminder will tell you what you need to do along with the deadline that applies, to pay for each plan to avoid having one suspended and eventually cancelled.

How to catch up on my failed payment.

The steps to catch up and pay for your plan are the same whether your plan is at risk of being suspended or already suspended:

1. Log into your account on fizz.ca
    2. Once connected, you should see a pop-up with your plan, explaining what you must do, and by when.  *If you don’t see a pop-up, select the plan in question to see that same info.  
    3. Click on button “Proceed to payment” and follow the on-screen steps. You can pay with the same payment method or add a new one.

source - https://fizz.ca/en/faq/how-do-i-fix-payment-issue

• PF_Ref_D2U9A
    Options

Did you happen to use a Vanilla prepaid card?

To pay for your Fizz plans, you can use:

• Visa or Mastercard credit card
    • prepaid Visa or Mastercard
    • Debit Mastercard or Visa Debit card

Only one-off payments are accepted with Vanilla prepaid cards

You CANNOT use: 

• American Express (Amex), Dinners and others credit cards 
    • A debit card 
    • A foreign credit/debit card 
    • Funds from your Fizz Wallet 

source - https://fizz.ca/en/faq/what-payment-methods-can-i-use

IMPORTANT - Address associated to the Credit Card

When you enter the information for your payment method, the billing address associated to your card must correspond to the address you declared to your bank for that card. The right info must be entered in the corresponding fields, and the address needs to be 100% identical. Pay attention to the following items:

• The name of the street (Ave, avenue)
    • Special works (Saint, St, Ste)
    • Hyphens
    • Spaces
    • Spelling

Tip: Make a copy and paste of what is written in your credit card statement.

If the address and postal code that you associate to your payment method are not identical to that declared to your bank for that card, you won’t be able to add this payment method.

Your payment was rejected?

If a message informing you that your payment was rejected and you’re not sure why, contact our Customer Service team: log into your Fizz account and simply click on the chat bubble located in the lower right-hand corner during our business hours.

• YMA
    YMA Posts: 2 ✭✭
    Options

I talked to Fizz customer service, they said the problem isn't from Fizz and that i should contact the bank.

I just hanged up with the bank and was just informed that no transactions were declined. I tried to pay using my same card (VISA credit card) at least 5 times and got declined every time. The bank said everything from there end is working fine. I used my card today evening at WINNERS, it worked FINE !!!!!

Fizz is denying the problem from their side, The bank also said everything is working as it should.

• Mamie
    Mamie Posts: 1,784 ✭✭
    Options

@YMA

Hi, very simply have you tried switching browsers, clearing your cache and putting the browser in private mode? It is often residuals in cache memory that cause problems. Especially for making online transactions/manipulations.

May I advise you to do that and then try again? It is necessary to add a new card, associate it with the plan to pay, then AFTER delete the old payment method.

If you still have the problem, as already mentioned a Vanilla Mastercard or Visa prepaid card (make sure Vanilla is listed on that card) can help out. There is also that a family member or a very close friend helps you out with their card for the next payment cycle.

Good luck!