Text to Japan

Options
Kokoro
Kokoro Posts: 13 ✭✭

Hello again.

It is not possible to send a text by using 011 81 then cell number, or +81 then cell number to Japan.

Does any one successfully send a text Japan if so, please kindly guide me through how you entre the number ?

I kept receiving that fizz TEC says that I put wrong number but I don't see how.

Thank you in advance.

+81 90 * *** ****

0118190 * *** ****

00 81 90 * *** ****

Nothing works but Fido I can send a text to Japan with the first one no problem. I can send an international message to France with fizz but not Japan at all.

Answers

• Andrei_ref_R7VK1
    Andrei_ref_R7VK1 Posts: 6,442 ✭✭
    Options

Hello,

The first option (+81) should be good.

Let's check it the other way around. Can you receive a text from Japan? If yes, maybe just try to reply to it?

• Kokoro
    Options

Yes, thank you @Andrei_ref_R7VK1 I can receive from the exact Japanese number I type but not send ...I feel hopeless.... because Ii is not only my phone but my partner mobile has a same issue ans still not able to fix this by fizz :(

With two different type of phones I even tried....with Fido I was able to send and receive from the same both phones

• Andrei_ref_R7VK1
    Options

Do you use a native text application or something from 3rd parties?

Not sure if this will help but try sending your text message without using your contacts list by manually entering the recipient's phone number using your keypad.

• Kokoro
    Options

Native one and type manually….nothing works ….

thank you:)

• Andrei_ref_R7VK1
    Options

I just googled a random Japanese phone number for a test SMS and it shows delivered:

Can not confirm it was received.

• Kokoro
    Options

Hi thank you. @Andrei_ref_R7VK1

May I ask how could you tell it was delivered?

I have this setting on my text but any Japanese mobile number do not do that also it is not delivered.

Did 070 number reply you back?

070 used to be not mobile number but it called PHS. Now it can't be mobile number but it very rarely....I'm just wondering.

For me +81 90 **** **** or 01181 90 **** **** or 008190 **** **** do not work and another fizz line with my partner, it is not working. None of my friends received my text and so as my family's. All of them not changed their number at least two decades for sure so...I'm not sure what else I can do including the setting of SMS line manually.

I can't test 070 because none of my friends has this number to start but 090 as mobile number.

Thank you for your assistance.

• Andrei_ref_R7VK1
    Options

Well the system says it was delivered (under the sent message). No reply received from that number. But as I said I just searched a Japanese number as I don't have any real number to send a text.

• Kokoro
    Options

right thank you. because mine also says delivered but in fact not.

I and my friends are testing text and sns with screenshot spontaneously and they confirm they do not receive any text message....but like messenger, line, etc

They can send me the text ..I reply and not even possible to do so.

my parents do not use any sns app so text message is very important for me to communicate with them.

Thank you for your help @Andrei_ref_R7VK1

• Andrei_ref_R7VK1
    Options

No problem, glad to help.