Sendings International text to Japanese mobile.

Options
Kokoro
Kokoro Posts: 13 ✭✭
edited November 2022 in My Mobile

Hello again,

Thank you @Mamie for your detailed explanation. It is vey kind of you. Yes, my plan includes unlimited text including international ones.

Unfortunately, these instructions were tested with my pixel 6a and didn’t work at all, two weeks ago when I chat with fizz.

Therefore fizz created a ticket to verify this issue with technicians. What they said was I entered the number wrongly…..an explanation I couldn’t accept it as I followed everything fizz introduced and sent my screen shot to them.

My partner has a same phone and we can send a text to France to his family for instance but NOT Japan.

Please assist me with alternative options if there are….

Thank you in advance.

Best Answer

• Mamie
    Mamie Posts: 1,784 ✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

@Kokoro

Hi, the only thing left to try is to use a partner network of Fizz - FizzExt to try to send a text message to Japan and for a while only. If you use a partner network, it is preferable to use Fizz's network parameters and not Videotron's.

You probably know that it is important to come back to Fizz; unfortunately it does not allow to use a partner network for a long period or mainly.

Do a manual network search, choose Fizz EXT, wait a few seconds and then

Android: Settings / Connections / Mobile networks / Network operators / Search for networks

iPhone: Settings / Carriers / Settings / Cellular Data / Network Selection / Disable Auto-Select

Answers

• Kokoro
    Options

Didn’t work out well neither …thank you so much for your assistance:) I much appreciate. Hope fizz can figure out….

• Kokoro
    Options

This is what I received as third answer. I feel like that fizz is not accepting that I tried to send text messages to Japanese mobile numbers where I have been able to do so successfully with fido, bell up until I switched to fizz. (Like this spring)

This is quiet disappointing. I much prefer their explanation was more the detailed oriented like @Mamie one… above answer does not provide me what I did wrong… I wish there was an example.

Could any one tell me how to enter Japanese mobile number in order to send a text with fizz line? My option is including international text message.

Frankly, I’m surprised that their reply that how I dial is wrong….I just used same number to call with Telus line and it works….and so as last over two decades….

thank you in advance

This discussion has been closed.