USA Travel - what if buy both travel add-on and pay as you go - which data is used first?

Options
Miroslaw
Miroslaw Posts: 1 ✭✭
edited November 2022 in My Mobile

Hi, I am going to the USA and want use data, text, and phone, if possible. It doesn't make sense for me to get Canada/USA with "change my coverage" (new SIM card). If I buy both, the "travel add-on" (data only), and "pay as you go" (data, text and calls), which one will use the data first? I understand that due to the switch over to VoLTE, the texts and calls may not work or, only sporadically as outlined by (PF_Ref_D2U9A and others), but I would like to try and use the text and call features.

Best Answer

• PF_Ref_D2U9A
    PF_Ref_D2U9A Posts: 5,757 ✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hi

Your monthly mobile plan is used first, then add-ons & travel add-ons. Funds in your wallet for pay as you go are the last resort for pay for services.

Your Wallet is where you deposit and store money to cover Pay As You Go minutes, texts, minutes for international calls and roaming. Simply use your credit card to add funds to your wallet.

The funds you deposit in your Wallet will not be spent unless:

1. You decide to use them to Pay As You Go.
    2. Your plan only includes data. You will be able to use Pay As You Go make calls and send texts.
    3. You deplete your monthly plan and do not buy an Add-On. Funds in your Wallet will automatically be used to pay for calls and text.

There are two key instances when Pay As You Go comes in handy:

1. If you deplete your monthly plan before the end of your payment cycle, and you choose not to buy an Add-On to complete the month, your consumption will automatically switch to Pay As You Go.
    2. If you are travelling out of Canada, you can use Pay As You Go to pay for out-of-country data, calls, text and international calls.

source - https://fizz.ca/en/faq/what-is-my-wallet-and-how-do-i-use-it

This discussion has been closed.