New firmware buggy

Options
Sylvain T. 82381
Sylvain T. 82381 Posts: 15 ✭✭
edited October 2022 in Internet

There was a new firmware not long ago and it is very buggy, the modem settings keeps closing and my FIZZ wifi app crashes as well. My internet is unstable but does not disconnect at least. I don’t know what happened…is it a firmware that did not install correctly or is there an actual problem with the update.

What can I do at this point?

Best Answer

• Alexsolo
    Alexsolo Posts: 708 ✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hello,

Can you please try resetting your modem?

My Wi-Fi network is cutting out. How do I fix it? | Fizz

Reset your Wi-Fi modem to its factory settings
    1. IMPORTANT: This will reset any changes that have been made to your Wi-Fi modem settings to date. You may also need to reconfigure your devices’ Wi-Fi settings (network name, password, etc.).
    2. Using a small, sharp object, press the modem’s reset button for 10 seconds.
    3. Once your modem has restarted, follow the same instructions you used when you initially installed it.
    4. Reminder: The default username (Default Wi-Fi network) and password (Default key) for your Wi-Fi network are written on a sticker on the back of your Wi-Fi modem.

Answers

• Mario_FQDZA
    Mario_FQDZA Posts: 3,158 ✭✭
    Options

Forget the Fizz app

Use a browser on a laptop or a desktop. I have the same firmware without any problem. To be certain it's not a case of a firmware installed incorrectly, as "Alexsolo" wrote above, return to factory default settings then power cycle your modem. That will force a firmware check and a reinstall of the latest firmware.

• Andrei_ref_R7VK1
    Andrei_ref_R7VK1 Posts: 6,450 ✭✭
    Options

Hmm... Was it installed automatically? I am still on the old version

• Andrei_ref_R7VK1
    Andrei_ref_R7VK1 Posts: 6,450 ✭✭
    Options

Update. Rebooted my modem and the new version is installed. So far no problems 🤞.

This discussion has been closed.