I would like to know if my SIM card is ok for using in the USA . I bought my SIM card in October 21

Fizz1534
Fizz1534 Posts: 1 ✭✭
edited September 2022 in My Mobile

i would like to know if my SIM card bought in October 2021 is ok to use in the USA. I have the Canada USA plan.

Best Answer

• Fizzy
    Fizzy Posts: 11,620 ✭✭
    Answer ✓

Hi Fizz1534

Your mobile data should definitely be working in the USA.

The situation is improving, however there is no guarantee that calls and texts will work at the moment: https://fizz.ca/en/faq/why-do-some-calls-and-texts-when-us-not-work

Be advised. As of July 2022, only the LTE data network will be available in the United States. You will not be able to make or receive calls and text messages. 

Data coverage will not be affected. 

US networks have shut down their 3G networks. Meanwhile, some Fizz customers have success connecting to US 2G networks for calls and texting.

Answers

• Fizzy
    Fizzy Posts: 11,620 ✭✭

Your SIM card connects your phone to the Fizz network now 3G and going to LTE. A VoLTE compatible SIM card is therefore required to stay ahead of the game. This SIM card shows a red lightning bolt icon. 

If your SIM card already has the red lightning bolt displayed on it, then you have the latest SIM card which is VoLTE ready.

If you are traveling in the United States, including Puerto Rico and the U.S. Virgin Islands, be advised that as of July 2022, only the LTE network is available. Calling or receiving calls and texts is not possible even if you are using a VoLTE compatible phone, activated with a VoLTE compatible SIM card. When Fizz will offer VoLTE on its own network, this situation will be resolved.

For the other mobile members who currently have a 3G SIM card, Fizz will make sure that each of them gets a FREE VoLTE compatible SIM card. 

• Each of these members will receive an invitation to order their free SIM card. This process will take place over several weeks, so don’t worry if you’re not part of the first batch. 
    • Once ordered, your new SIM card will arrive by regular mail within two weeks, along with the instructions to associate it with your Fizz mobile plan. Changing your SIM card for a VoLTE compatible one will not impact your plan or phone number. 
    • Good to know: To see the confirmation of your SIM card order, go under My parameters > Transaction history > All transactions.

Changing your SIM card for a VoLTE compatible one will not impact your plan or phone number.

Source: https://fizz.ca/en/faq/why-volte-important

This discussion has been closed.