Worse experience ever with a mobile company

Mazin
Mazin Posts: 11 ✭✭
edited August 2022 in Phones

First time I got outside Ottawa in the past two years visiting Toronto, but within ON. In the past two years, I traveled to Montreal a few times with no issues.

Yesterday, I tried everything to try to connect my Mobile to use the data network. I see Fizz Ext and I see an R near the network bars. (Reboot, remove/insert SIM, Hard reboot, Reset Network, Add a new APN, enable/disable Wifi).

What is more frustrating is that I have a SIM card from Morocco that is still active and has a roaming data plan. That W O R K E D.

Every time I try to use an application that requires data, I get Roaming is not active, but it is active on the phone (Called International Roaming).

Honestly, I thought that something is wrong with my phone settings and I was at a stage to do a Factory Reset, but I decided to do as soon as I return to Ottawa since I am afraid to lose even the calling/texting.

As soon as I entered 417 from Carleton Place area, I got all my e-mails and WhatsApp messages since noon time (the last time I was on wifi).

This is the worse experience ever. I think I am done with Fizz and will move to any other network that is more stable.

Wish you all the luck.

Answers

• BEBE
    BEBE Posts: 128 ✭✭

you should change the phone. 100% your phone.

• Jess_i88b6
    Jess_i88b6 Posts: 12,946 ✭✭

Hi @Mazin

Did you check the APN configuration? If the APN is not configured correctly it does not work in roaming https://fizz.ca/en/faq/what-are-fizz-network-settings-apn

• Mazin

@Jessy_ref_i88b6

Yes, I kept the old one and created a new one based on the information that you have shared (I did that yesterday) with no luck.

@BEBE: It is a new phone (Less than 6 months). Worked with No issues in Morocco, France, UK, Montreal, Ireland, Spain. I don't believe this is the case, but everything is possible.

• BEBE

try sim with a new phone. you ll see.

• BEBE

cheers and good luck !

• Mazin

I will keep that in mind next time I go to Toronto.

• Mazin

@Jessy_ref_i88b6

I could not find this path when I log in to Fizz. This is why I used Manual configuration for Android.

My plans → Manage plan → Advanced parameters → Fizz network parameters → Resend me the notifications

• Jess_i88b6

I will alway configured manually,

• Mazin

@Jessy_ref_i88b6

Thanks. I have never done that during my travel since I got the phone. Maybe I typed some information incorrectly. I will go to Kingston next week and see if it works.

• Jess_i88b6

It happen to me when I was in the state with the std APN and I didn't have data, changed the APN as suggested from the site and everything was working

• Mazin

Thanks. I add the new APN and I have a trip soon to Ghana. We will see.

• BEBE

yeap. absolutely correct. APN has to be the right one. is not gonna work without a correct one

• BEBE

let us know . hope it works properly. have fun and cheers !