I am unable to send data

Options
ivey
ivey Posts: 9 ✭✭
edited August 2022 in Data Gifting

I have heard there are some conditions to send data to a friend. Is it true that

1. I must have a data plan (cannot send rolled over data from last month) to send
  2. Friend must have active data plan (cannot have a phone/text only plan) to receive

Is there any other requirements?

Thanks

Best Answer

• PF_Ref_D2U9A
    PF_Ref_D2U9A Posts: 5,759 ✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hi

Yes you are correct. All the requirements can e found here - https://fizz.ca/en/faq/what-is-data-gifting-and-how-does-it-work

If you have unused data in your account, you can gift it to any member who is findable in the Fizz community (in other words, anyone who is not in Incognito mode), and whose plan includes data.

You can choose to randomly gift data any time. Or, you can wait until it’s almost the end of your payment cycle and gift data before it rolls over. Learn about Rollovers

If you want to gift unused data at the end of your payment cycle, you can gift it right before your current payment cycle ends. Once this cycle is over, however, the data will roll over — it will no longer be available to send as a gift.

What kind of data can I gift?

You cannot gift:

• An unlimited feature, such as text, minutes or minutes for international calls
    • Add-Ons
    • Gifted data (no re-gifting allowed!)
    • Data that has already been rolled over

How late in my payment cycle can I gift unused data?

If you want to gift unused data at the end of your payment cycle, you can gift it right before your current payment cycle ends. Once this cycle is over, however, the data will roll over — it will no longer be available to send as a gift.

Who can I send a gift to?

You can send a data gift to:

• Any Fizz customer who is findable in Contacts and has a data plan
    • A complete stranger, as long as they are findable and have a Fizz data plan

You cannot send a data gift to:

• People who are not Fizz members
    • Fizz members with no data plan
    • Fizz members who have designated themselves incognito

This discussion has been closed.