Was travel data price just multiplied by 4?!

Options
romain C. #8601
romain C. #8601 Posts: 15 ✭✭
edited September 2022 in My Mobile

Hi,

I'm currently traveling in Guatemala (from Quebec) and had bought a first chunk of 1gb travelling data for 5$ about 10 days ago. Now that I'm approaching the end of it, I wanted to buy another 1gb, but... I just saw that fizz is now charging me 20$ for the same 1gb. That's a 200% increase and I saw no communication about that whatsoever. Is that right? Am I missing something? Sounds like an outrageous increase. The 5$ data on travel was one of my reasons to stay with fizz, as all other carriers charge ridiculous amounts for that, it was perfect on all my travels. Why would you change it?

Best Answer

• Olic
    Olic Posts: 819 ✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

Unfortunately, we must believe that Fizz also realized that their prices were well below those of the competition for roaming.

And, since this is the kind of charge that people rarely compare when shopping for a new wireless plan, it's not a big advantage over the copetition to keep this price so much lower than that of competitors.

Fizz customers will have to start thinking about doing like the customers of other Canadian operators, which is to use local prepaid SIM when they are abroad :(

Answers

• romain C. #8601
    Options

Imo, fizz pricing is (or was) great because of two things:

- unused data not lost

- fairly priced roaming

It would be a shame to lose these...

• Matthew H. #36845
    Matthew H. #36845 Posts: 3 ✭✭
    Options

I feel you. I just found this post as I'm in the exact same situation. Bought 1g last week in El Salvador for 5$, now I wanted to top up another 1g for my second week of vacation i Honduras and saw the increase. Completely ridiculous to go up by that much and not advise. Heck, if I would have know I could have bought 4g of travel data for the curre t price of 1g and had more than enough. Getting tired of Fizz honestly...

• romain C. #8601
    Options

I agree, at least if you're going to change your pricing, send a notice. It's good to communicate about these things too...

This discussion has been closed.