Travel Add-on for Asia price hike?

Options

Why did the travel add-ons for Asia jump so much? My son is travelling in South Korea and his first add-on was $5 for 500 mb and now a few days later it is $20 for 500 mb? What justifies this sudden price change?

Answers

• Courtland
    Courtland Posts: 1 ✭✭
    Options

I noticed that as well I thought it’s was some shady business practice since I could get it for 5$ last week

I’m currently travelling and I thought they hiked the price since I was abroad

hopefully they respond shortly

• Auser
    Auser Posts: 1 ✭✭
    Options

Not just Asia, seems Latin America also went from $5 to $20 for 1gb in the past day

• Jsjcnxj
    Jsjcnxj Posts: 8 ✭✭
    Options

I was about to buy several gb’s to use in Latin America.. but the price just quadrupled.

• Raphaels
    Raphaels Posts: 2 ✭✭
    Options

Same in Europe, it just doubled, going from 5cad per GB to 10! Fizz Team, how can you justify such a steep increase!?

• BEBE
    BEBE Posts: 128 ✭✭
    Options

just buy a local sim there. do call divert to a text now number. with some wifi you ll be using your number everywhere. easy

• Raphaels
    Raphaels Posts: 2 ✭✭
    Options

You're missing the point BEBE. Everyone is well aware of the option of buying a local SIM. Even Fizz writes it on their roaming page as a recommendation.

The point is, what kind of business practice is it to hike the prices so much without any notice or any explanation to your customers? It's unacceptable!

I'd like to see a Fizz rep answering this.

• Kent T.
    Kent T. Posts: 11 ✭✭
    Options

This is unacceptable i paid $5 for 1gb now is $20 per 1 gb. Feel like i am a hostage travelling abroad in Latin America. The reason i did not buy local sim is because it was $5 not $20.

• Jeannette S. #2169
    Options

It's definitely price gouging.

• Isabelle Coursol
    Isabelle Coursol Posts: 4 ✭✭
    Options

I know the price hike can be outraging but its the reality of buying internet abroad.

If you don’t want to pay theses prices try and buy a prepayed local sim card and it will be way cheaper.

• Kristina Lulham
    Kristina Lulham Posts: 2 ✭✭
    Options

I am travelling with 2 weeks left of my trip and just saw the hike for Japan, 20$ for 500MB is garbage, especially since they didn't give any notice. The point here being they should have giving notice. It majorly screws over people in the middle of their travel.

• Jeannette S. #2169
    Options

$40/G now, ugh. It is super inconvenient and unexpected! I am disappointed that no one from Fizz is responding here.

• Gareth
    Gareth Posts: 1 ✭✭
    Options

I just noticed this on arriving in Europe. After the fizz price increases, there are now better, cheaper options. I bought an eSIM with the Truphone app which gives 10Gb for 20€. You can also use airalo or ubigi apps which are similar and should be cheaper than fizz.