Preloved iPhone SE 2020 - review

Dan H. #33101
Dan H. #33101 Posts: 3 ✭✭
edited July 2022 in Phones

(This is not a question, rather a review that I hope others may find useful, hope this is OK in the forum. Je suis désolé pour l'anglais seulement, ma français n'est pas bien... 😕 )

Hi folks, just wanted to leave some comments here about fizz's Preloved phones for anyone like me who may be worried about buying a used device. I bought a Preloved iPhone SE 2020 (64G) last week. This was a "Perfect" condition phone. And indeed, after a week of use, it's been as perfect as an SE 2020 is going to get.

I ordered on Monday evening, the phone arrived Wednesday morning via bike courier (I'm in central Montreal.) Physically I could see no evidence of previous use, there may have been a slight trace along one side where the edge of a case may have been, but I would have had to go back with a magnifying glass to look for that. The phone came with a new apple branded Lightning to USB cable. Packaging was totally fine for protecting a phone.

I was most concerned about the battery given that the battery on the SEs is always a weak point. But the battery showed 100% "health" in system settings and Coconut Battery (a mac os app) showed it as 99.7% and - ONLY 14 CHARGE CYCLES! The phone was manufactured August 2020. It's likely that I will be replacing the battery in this phone someday, but a battery in this condition means I won't need to worry about that for at least 18 months.

I know used phones are always going to be a bit of a crapshoot, but my experience with this phone has been excellent... 10/10 👍️ ... I feel like I won a lottery! I'm up and running with a phone that's good enough for my needs, and it didn't break the bank. I also am happy that I've given a second life to a device that might otherwise have gone in the dumpster or just sat in a drawer for a few years before being ditched. Next time I need a phone, I'll certainly be checking fizz preloved devices first!

Hope these comments are useful to others.

Best Answer

• D_M_O
    D_M_O Posts: 126 ✭✭
    Answer ✓

Thx for the review! I bought a preloved Iphone SE 2020 and i'm satisfied too. The battery was at 99% and no scratch at all.

This discussion has been closed.