USA

Options
Nathaniele
Nathaniele Posts: 6 ✭✭
edited July 2022 in About my account

I want to change my next month coverage for the USA. Does that mean that I can do the same things I can in Canada and the USA? Will I be able to call, message and use data just like I currently can? Will it work everywhere in the USA?

Best Answer

• PF_Ref_D2U9A
    PF_Ref_D2U9A Posts: 5,785 ✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hi

You will be able to use mobile data while you are in the USA.

As for calls and texts, these are hit and miss (not officially supported) as stated here by Fizz: https://fizz.ca/en/faq/why-do-some-calls-and-texts-when-us-not-work

Do make sure to change your plan at least 5 days before your renewal date - https://fizz.ca/en/faq/how-do-i-change-my-mobile-plan

Any change to your plan must be done by you (the member) on your account on fizz.ca. 

Important: A freeze period is in effect 108 hours (4.5 days) before the end of your payment cycle, during which time no changes can be made to your plan. 

Important: Any change to your plan must therefore be submitted 108 hours (4.5 days) before the end of your payment cycle to come into effect at the beginning of your next payment cycle. Not respecting this delay means changing your plan will be impossible and you will have to wait for the next payment cycle. 

You can only replace your plan with one of our plans offered at that time, and your old plan may no longer be available or may no longer be offered at the same terms afterwards. 

Answers

• Ihssan
    Ihssan Posts: 279 ✭✭
    Options

Technically yes. But no one knows anymore, since fizz changed their stuff it becomed confusing af.

Some people said everything worked fine while in the us some said nothing's working some said you absolutely need the new volte sim card, just check the forum for this discussions.

• ah727
    ah727 Posts: 807 ✭✭
    Options

@Nathaniele

I have the CANADA + USA plan since several years, and I use it e every time I go to the states. My plan is actived at all times.

Very important: you must activate your plan at least 5 days before your current billing period ends in order to use it in the next billing period. If you want to check to see if your plan is activated, go to your Fizz app to PLANS - MANAGE and you should see the status of your CANADA + USA plan.

With the CANADA + USA PLAN:

- you can use all your accumulated data in the United States, the same way as you could in Canada or Quebec. You are allowed to do whatever you could do at home, without any additional fees.

- You can call to the United States, Canada, or Quebec, with the same restrictions. I had unlimited calls and text messages, so I could continue in the United States in the same way in my new subscription area, which now includes Canada, Quebec, and the USA.

- You can receive calls from Quebec, Canada, or the United States. You keep the same phone number, so you are considered being in your area, so your friends will be billed the same way as before, even though you are in a different country.

• Doomdrou
    Doomdrou Posts: 725 ✭✭
    Options

Yes. You can do the exact same things in the USA if you have the Canada+USA plan. It should work everywhere in the United States.

However, you can't stay more than three months outside Fizz's subscription zone (Most of Quebec and the Ottawa region).

This discussion has been closed.