canada coverage

Options
alexav29
alexav29 Posts: 1 ✭✭
edited July 2022 in My Mobile

Hi, currently I have the Canada coverage as my phone plan since I live in Ottawa. I'm planning to travel to Alberta (roadtrip inside the province) for 10-12 days. Will be corrent coverage plan work? will I be able to use my data and calls?

or do I need to switch to Canada-US coverage?

Best Answer

• Dapfizzer
    Dapfizzer Posts: 10,182 ✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

@alexav29

Hi Alexa,

the coverage area you choose determines the expanse of the calls and texts included in your plan. If you choose the Canada coverage for instance, you can make or receive calls anywhere in the country, as well as a CAN/USA plan coverage for the USA area.

Source: https://fizz.ca/en/faq/abcs-fizz-mobile-services#1

Answers

• Dapfizzer
    Dapfizzer Posts: 10,182 ✭✭
    edited July 2022
    Options

@alexav29

For a more complete answer, here are some of the aspects depending on the area coverage you have in your plan, that is Canada.

The coverage area you choose determines the expanse of the calls, texts included and the data use in your plan. If you choose the Canada coverage for instance, you can make or receive calls anywhere in the country, as well as a CAN/USA plan coverage for the USA area.

• If you chose unlimited calls when creating your plan, you can make or receive as many calls as you like when you are within your coverage area. 

Calling within your coverage area:

• Any call you make within your coverage area is considered a local call. If you choose the Canada coverage for instance, a call from Montreal to Vancouver will be local. 
    • When you are in your coverage area, any call you receive, even those coming from abroad, are considered and billed as a local call.
    • If your plan includes unlimited calls, you can make (and receive) as many local calls as you want within your coverage area. 

Incoming texts are always free, whether you’re within your coverage area or not, and whether you opted for unlimited texts or not. 

Premium text messages are not supported by Fizz. As such, it’ll be impossible for you to send any (even if you have funds in your Fizz wallet) or subscribe to such a service. Some premium messages are free. Those will therefore be considered as regular texts, and as such, billed at the applicable rate if your plan does not include unlimited text messaging.

When you are within your coverage area:

• Plan with unlimited texts: all text messages you send are included, whatever their destination is. With a Quebec coverage for example, you could send a text to Ottawa, or even London.

Source: https://fizz.ca/en/faq/abcs-fizz-mobile-services

This discussion has been closed.