Email Verification Expire Too Soon

hin288
hin288 Posts: 4 ✭✭
edited July 2022 in About my account

I attempted to renew my credit card info but I was asked to verify my email first. I got the Fizz email, clicked the link but it says the link is expired. I have been trying for 2 days with countless emails sent to me, still no success. Why is it so hard to make payment?

Best Answer

Answers

• hin288

Fizz has no concept of customer service. Pushing customers to FAQ can help basic questions for normal procedure (e.g., how to renew payment method) but not special cases (e.g., email verification expire too soon). Customers are helpless when encountering exceptions. Considering switching just because of this.

• PF_Ref_D2U9A
    PF_Ref_D2U9A Posts: 5,661 ✭✭

Hi

1. If you’re new to Fizz and recently created your account, the confirmation of your email address is key. This step must be completed within 24 hours or else your account will be automatically locked.
    2. If the 24-hour delay has passed and you are now stuck, use the link in the login window to reset your password. You’ll receive an email that will allow you to choose a new password, and at the same time your email address associated with your Fizz account will be confirmed. 

source - https://fizz.ca/en/faq/im-unable-log-my-fizz-account-what-do-i-do

• hin288

Stop sending generic answers. I know the verification is needed within 24 hours. I clicked the link within minutes. I logged into my account attempting to update my credit card, and therefore, I am pretty sure my password was OK (since I logged in). Even so, I still reset my password. No luck. Still cannot verify email because the link is expired the moment I received it.

• Greg
    Greg Posts: 34 ✭✭

Contact Fizz support

• Emporium
    Emporium Posts: 2,303 ✭✭

Have you disabled any popup blockers (like ublock or adguard, etc..) ? They can often interfere with these validation email links. Maybe copy the link you get and open in in a "private/incognito" window and see if it makes a difference.

Also, sound dumb, but have you checked the time on your PC (most PCs sync with some sort of ntp server - but sometimes it fails) ? Sometimes if the PC clock is WAY off, they can cause issues also.

This discussion has been closed.