No mobile data

anonymouspenguin
anonymouspenguin Posts: 3 ✭✭
edited July 2022 in My Mobile

Hello, since yesterday I haven't been able to use mobile data. It gives me full bars and the 4G symbol, but I get a notification saying "sign in to network" and I can't access anything. I'm sure I still have data (2GB left) and I've tried most solutions I found online, like setting up the APN (which was already set) or removing the other sim card (was previously disabled but still in the tray). Customer service opened a ticket this morning, but my previous experience with tickets has been pretty bad (over a month and zero updates). Are there any suggestions of what I might try next?

Best Answer

Answers

• PF_Ref_D2U9A
    PF_Ref_D2U9A Posts: 6,444 ✭✭

Hi

If you are seeing the notification saying "sign in to network", you may have already used up all your available plan data.

Can you logon to your Fizz account using wifi to check?

Do know that you can check the data availability of your mobile plan at any time. To see the details of your mobile data along with expiry dates, go to your account here https://zone.fizz.ca/dce/customer-ui-prod/#/account/plan and click on USAGE.

1. Go to My Plans in your Fizz account.
    2. Under the plan you wish to view (if you have more than one) click on See usage.
    3. This will open the Usage screen, which lists all your gifts, Add-Ons, Rollovers, etc. The blue arrow will tell you which data bucket you are currently using. On the right hand side you can see how many days are left for your gifted data.

• samsamsam
    samsamsam Posts: 2 ✭✭

Hello,

I have the exact same problem on my end. It was working a few days ago, then now I can't use mobile data.

Behavior:

• Calls and SMS are working;
    • Mobile data and MMS are NOT working;
    • I have a full bar on the network (Connected/LTE+), but there is a warning sign (exclamation mark) next to it. There doesn't seem to be any more information about it, though.
    • I have a notifcation saying to "Sign in to network - Fizz", but the web page it opens display an error (The web page at https://fizz.ca/en/jail could not be loaded because: net::ERR_TIME_OUT).

What I've tried:

• Turning off/on the Mobile data setting on Android;
    • Switching the "Preferred network type" to 3G and 2G;
    • Shutdown the phone, remove the SIM card, boot the phone, reshutdown, insert SIM card, reboot;
    • Verified APN settings.

More info:

• Device: Pixel 3 (Android 12, up-to-date);
    • I still have data left on my monthly plan (~800MB);
    • I live in Montreal, Quebec.

I will try to contact Fizz customer service and hope for the best.

• samsamsam
    samsamsam Posts: 2 ✭✭

Update:

I did a test and received a gift of 0.5 GB of data (now I have a total of ~1.3 GB), and now everything is working (mobile data and MMS).

It looks like there's a disparity between what is shown in the Fizz dashboard and what is used to "block" mobile data when the data usage is depleted.

For anyone stumbling upon this issue, adding more data using Add-ons or by receiving Gifts should fix the issue. But Fizz should definitely address this problem.

• anonymouspenguin

It's good that it went back to normal for you! Really sucks that you have to rely on something else (either a gift or buying an add-on) to get back the data you still had, though.

Mine just got back to normal today, I didn't try anything else and the ticket I had opened yesterday has no updates. In total it was 2 days without data, which is still not great. I had activated a bunch of 1GB bonus that all ended on Monday, it seems like when it switched back to the data I had from my plan itself it didn't properly activate what was left.

• anonymouspenguin

Hi, thank you for your answer! Fortunately it went back to normal this morning! 🤗

I'm on a Mi 11 Lite, did most solutions I could find online (short of resetting network settings), and I did still have data left according to the dashboard, but I'm guessing this problem could be related to the 1GB perks that I was using which expired on Monday. Hopefully it won't happen again!

• Hitness911
    Hitness911 Posts: 6 ✭✭

I have the same problem since this morning I see LTE but cant connect to internet, looked every settings and it should be working but it doesn't... still have 2.12go in my dashboard

This discussion has been closed.