LTE connection reset constantly after inserting new v2 SIM card

Options
Jean P. 4852
Jean P. 4852 Posts: 8 ✭✭
edited July 2022 in My Mobile

I just replaced my old v1 sim card with a VoLTE v2 sim card and activated via chat session on the website (only way to activate it if it is not a new activation apparently).

I got a Pixel 6 Pro a few weeks ago from FIzz and everything has worked OK with the v1 card.

Now that the v2 card has been activated it seems to be working but I saw the Fizz text flashing off and on constantly in my status bar after restarting. Looking at settings->Network&Internet->Internet the connection seems to reset constantly between LTE+ and Connected/LTE+ (using 0.01MB by Android OS every time it does this. If I click on Fizz LTE to go into those setting, I see Fizz flash constantly on and off under Choose network with Automatically select network toggled on.

If I turn off wifi it constantly switches between Networks unavailable and Fizz LTE+

Seems like it is constantly trying to connect and not hooking up, any ideas on how to fix?

Best Answer

• Jean P. 4852
    Answer ✓
    Options

So just got off chat again, the process was never completed by the first rep (they told me they were having system issues at the time but said it had gone through) so the second rep was surprised I could even use the phone at all.

She put in a ticket to solve the issue and it should be done by tomorrow.

Kinda bummed I had to do factory reset for nothing but at least I know the issue is not on my side.

Answers

• Jean P. 4852
    Options

Factory reset did nothing to improve the situation. Guess I will have to try support

• Seani
    Seani Posts: 28 ✭✭
    Options

I just ordered the voLTE sim and may hesitate to swap it because of your experience. Anybody here who swapped the V2 sim and got same problem?

This discussion has been closed.