VoLte

Options
Mgm
Mgm Posts: 1 ✭✭
edited July 2022 in My Mobile

Got email about VoLTE but the issue is that if I switch SIM cards, I will not be able to pick up 2G or 3G signals anymore.

do we have the option to keep the standard SIM card or is that going to be the new direction for Fizz?

That sucks if you are off-grid or into camping or exploring or taking your kids on road trips… some places I go, I can just pick up enough 3G to make a phone call, now if I select VoLte I will have zero signal.. 4G doesn’t work in remote places and that’s a fact.

Thanks fizz for basically causing your own company to loose revenu with this decision, during the pandemic a lot of people decided to get out and explore nature and go camping, now all of us outdoorsy people will be switching companies.

I have been putting up with dropped calls, signal issues and I can’t even update my address on file because the system says it doesn’t service my new address area even though the service clearly works. The lack of a customer support phone number has been tough but this will be the last straw for myself and a lot of others..

Best Answer

• ah727
    ah727 Posts: 807 ✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

Not true, you can still pick up 2G GSM networks even if you have the new Sim card. But when VoLTE will be available, your phone should prefer 4G LTE

Answers

• ah727
    ah727 Posts: 807 ✭✭
    Options

@Mgm I have a new Sim card since April. My phone is a Samsung A52 5G. My VoLTE toggle switch is activated. I was 4 days in New Hampshire, Massachusetts, and Connecticut mid juin, and I never managed to make VoLTE calls because T-Mobile still supports 2G GSM networks for calls. But anyways, calls still worked.

This discussion has been closed.