Coverage

Options
user4444
user4444 Posts: 1 ✭✭
edited July 2022 in My Mobile

I have a US+Canada coverage plan and and have been in the US for three weeks now but I can no longer make and receive calls. I received an email that said that I could no longer use my plan in the US why is that? 

Best Answer

• daniel F. #5055
    daniel F. #5055 Posts: 4 ✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

Your calls and text go thru 3g and data does on lte.AS of the first of july the 3g network i the us is shutdown( or will be very soon.You can still call still call using “whatsapp”,or messenger and a few more apps that use data.From what i gather you would need a updated sim card(with red lightning bolt)to use volte which would bring things back to normal(ish ?)

Answers

• ah727
    ah727 Posts: 807 ✭✭
    Options

Where in the USA are you? I was in North eastern USA two weeks ago, and I had data connexion, and could make phone calls through T-Mobile roaming on 2G networks. But the situation may be different in other areas.

• ah727
    ah727 Posts: 807 ✭✭
    Options

Calls can also be done over 2G GSM networks even if 3G networks are shut down. I was in north eastern USA 2 weeks ago, and calls were still possible while roaming T-Mobile.

Availability for making calls may differ depending on what area of the USA you are going.

Networks Signal Info app shows 2G networks are still available.

• Fizzaddict
    Fizzaddict Posts: 240 ✭✭
    Options

@user4444 Hi, Fizz announced the 30th of June that starting the 1st of July, Calls and texts are not possible any more in the USA because of the discontinued usage of 3G in the USA. It may be that in some places, 3G is still working but it will soon be deactivated. Data, however, is still working correctly

This discussion has been closed.