Referral bonus

Options
Brijesh
Brijesh Posts: 1 ✭✭
edited July 2022 in About my account

Hi,

I have already some amount sitting in my referral bonus. Wondering, if i'm going to activate new sim, will first payment will charge on my card or it will take from my referral bonus and will start charging once referral bonus becomes zero.

Best Answer

• Philemon24
    Philemon24 Posts: 1,340 ✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hi @Brijesh

Just to be clear, referral bonus are assigned to an existing plan and will dry out until it gets to 0.

If you activate a new SIM you won't be able to transfer any existing amount accumulated so far to it as it is not yet active and no referral bonus will be gained since it is your second service. So you will be charged on your credit card for that new plan.

But the new SIM could also accumulate the next following referral bonuses you would get if you reassign new referrals to that new SIM (phone plan). Once you have more than one plan, you will see the option appear in My Settings -> Communications -> Plan Receiving the Referral Bonuses .

That said, you could create yourself a second totally different account for your new SIM and use your first account's referral code (or mine hahaha 😉) as a reference. Each of your plan would then receive 50$ each...

Answers

• Dapfizzer
    Dapfizzer Posts: 10,182 ✭✭
    edited June 2022
    Options

@Brijesh

Hi,

your referral bonuses are used up as needed. We use the total received from your referral bonuses towards your monthly payment. If your payment is less than the total received from your bonuses, you may then very well end up having nothing to pay for your plan. Any residual amount from your referral bonuses (the balance) will be applied to your next payment. 

*If your plan is suspended, say for example that your payment failed, any transaction related to your referral bonuses will be pushed out to your next payment cycle.  

*If you deactivate your plan, or your plan is deactivated by Fizz for payment failure or any other reason, you will lose the referral bonuses that are pending and associated with this plan, including your balance.  

*The referral bonus for the active member and the one for the new member will be automatically applied towards the monthly payment of their respective plan if both members have an active plan when the new member has accumulated two months of service.

To view your Transaction history:

1. Go to My Plans in your Fizz account.
    2. Scroll to the plan that you wish to view (if you have more than one).
    3. Click on the Transaction history button.
    4. Here you will be able to view a complete summary of your payments and transactions.
    5. If you click on one of the transactions, you’ll see your receipt and the amount corresponding to referral bonuses applied.

Source: https://fizz.ca/en/faq/what-kind-of-rewards-do-i-earn-for-inviting-friends#4

This discussion has been closed.