Switching from Vidéotron to Fizz internet

Options
vasyagamer
vasyagamer Posts: 2 ✭✭

Hello all,

Thinking of switching internet from Vidéotron to Fizz (already switched 2 phone lines from them). I have questions about the process.

1) After setting up the appointment with Fizz technician, should.i call Vidéotron and tell them to cancel the same day or next day is better (meaning having both services for a day is ok?)

2) does Vidéotron come to pick up their modem? How does it work?

3) fizz modem goes on the same Vidéotron cable that is active?

4) by default is the modem in bridge mode or? (I do have my own router)

Thanks!

Best Answers

• PF_Ref_D2U9A
    PF_Ref_D2U9A Posts: 5,791 ✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hi

1) You can notify Vidéotron to cancel with same day notification. Just test to make sure your Fizz internet is working well before you cancel the service with Videotron.

2) This is a question for Vidéotron. It should involve bringing the modem to one of their stores (if there is one nearby) or mailing the modem back to them.

3) Yes both services and modems use the same coaxial cable. If you wish to use both services at the same time, you can ask the technician to install a splitter or second line. There should be no charge for this service and is included with basic installation.

4) By default, the Fizz modem is in regular (non bridge) mode. To use your own router, here are the instructions - https://fizz.ca/en/faq/how-can-i-use-my-own-wi-fi-router-fizz

Welcome to Fizz home internet! 😊

• Ihssan
    Ihssan Posts: 279 ✭✭
    edited June 2022 Answer ✓
    Options

1 you call only when the new service is up and operational.

2 you bring the modem to one of their stores. They will explain when you call them to terminate the service.

3 yes.

4 not bridge mod.

• ah727
    ah727 Posts: 807 ✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

If you still have a land phone with Videotron, Fizz will probably leave your Videotron modem at your home. Required for phone line.

• vasyagamer
    vasyagamer Posts: 2 ✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

Thanks all for replies!