Perk data after gift data ?

Options
Fizzaddict
Fizzaddict Posts: 240 ✭✭
edited July 2022 in About my account

Fizz gave me a Perk of 500 Mo and I received a gift of 1 Go. Even if the perk is expiring before the gift data, Fizz is using the gift data before the perk. I was thinking data would be consumed by expiration date but it seems not. Is it a Fizz problem or is it normal ?

Best Answer

• PF_Ref_D2U9A
    PF_Ref_D2U9A Posts: 5,761 ✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hi

It is common sense and if you ask Fizz customer service, they will tell you that the data that is expiring first should be consumed first. In reality, this isn't 100% true. As you see, gifted data is always consumed first regardless of the expiry date.

It looks to be a Fizz issue because if you check the data usage in your Fizz account, you will see the blue pointer pointing to the older data that will be expiring first, while you are actually consuming the gifted data. While Fizz has told me that this is display issue, I've had perks go to waste because of this same issue.

So we have to adapt our usage. Try activating data perks only when you are sure you will consume all your gifted data within 30 days. Otherwise the perk will be wasted. If the perk itself is nearing the expiry date, you can gift it to a friend or another Fizz member.

Answers

• Mataze
    Mataze Posts: 2,070 ✭✭
    Options

Hi @Fizzaddict,

The perk of 500 Mo is renewable every month for 2 years. Don't worry, even if the 500Mo of the perk is not used, it will be transferred on your next months plan.

Fizz uses the data gifts first, then your mobile data plan, then the perk.

Hope it answers y our question.

• Fizzaddict
    Options

@Mataze So the 500 Mo I received is not renewable, it is valid only for 30 days, that is a one time gift from Fizz.

I am seeing this 500 MB perk 24 days left - 1 GB gift received 53 days left and what is depleted is the 1GB gift received expiring in 53 days instead of the perk with 24 days left ? That is surprising me, I thought the one expiring first will be used first ?

• Fizzaddict
    Options

Thanks for the advice @PF_Ref_D2U9A

This discussion has been closed.