Ending up billing cycle now

Options
tonyW
tonyW Posts: 13 ✭✭
edited July 2022 in My Mobile

What’s up y’all.

i was wondering if i can end up my billing cycle right now, takin in consideration i actually reactivated mobile here, yesterday.

i had bunch of rebate and clearly, system didn’t allow me to dirrectly use credit without payment. So i literally took the lowest plan having in mind i would just have to change plan, but this would be for next month.

*Actually, what is the god damn point of making plan changes 30 days laters in a non-contract mobile service, as anybody could just unsubscribe, then resubscribe the same day.

anyway, if i can push to the other cycle right now (i don’t even care about what i paid yesterday, i don’t even want the left data) but system won’t allow dirrect use of rebate

Best Answer

• Fizzaddict
    Fizzaddict Posts: 240 ✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

Are you during a trial period ?

Cancelling during the trial period
    1. Issuing you a refund is an essential component our trial period. The trial period is 15 days. (This excludes customers who have an approved Proof of disability form; the trial period is 30 days).
    2. Trial period refunds apply only to your monthly fees. Additional expenses such as Add-Ons, Travel Add-Ons and usage purchased with your Wallet will not be refunded.
    3. To receive this refund you must not have exceeded:
    • The trial period: 15 days for everyone, with the exception of customers living with a disability (who have completed the disability form)
    • 50% of the data included in your monthly plan (unless you have an approved Proof of disability form)
    1. To close your plan during the trial period, use the same process detailed above (with or without keeping your phone number). If you meet the above criteria, your cancellation request will be activated immediately — you won’t have to wait until the end of your payment cycle and your refund will occur automatically.

Answers

• Fizzaddict
    Options

https://fizz.ca/en/faq/how-do-i-change-my-mobile-plan

You can change your plan at anytime by loging into your account. Although, the changes you make will only take effect at the beginning of your next payment cycle.

To change your plan:
    1.  Go to My Plans in your Fizz account.
    2. Scroll to the plan you wish to change.
    3. Click on Manage and then Adjust your plan.
    4. Use the Plan Wizard to adjust your data, minutes, texts and Calling Options (international calls and voicemail).
    5. As you adjust your plan details, you will see your new monthly fee in the box below.
    6. When you like what you see, click Save Changes.
    7. Changes take effect at the start of your next payment cycle.

Important – Any change to your plan must be made in accordance with the plan change policy detailed on https://fizz.ca/en/plan-change-policy. 

When does a plan change come into effect?

Your new plan will take effect (and you will be billed the new amount) at the start of your next payment cycle

If you need features such as data, minutes, texts or minutes for international calls immediately, buy an Add-On or use your Wallet to pay as you go.

If you change your plan, your rolled-over data will match your new coverage. For example, if you switch from a Canada-US to a Quebec plan, your rollover data will also switch to a Quebec plan.

To cancel the changes you made to your plan:

Go back into Adjust plan, and you’ll have the option to cancel (or edit) your plan change request. When you choose the Cancel option, a window will pop-up, asking you whether you’d like to delete your changes. Click on Delete.

Read more : 

Learn about Add-Ons

Learn about Pay As You Go

What if I only want a data plan, without texts or minutes?

How do payment cycles work?

• Fizzaddict
    Options

You can cancel your Fizz plan at any time. Cancellation will take effect at the end of your current payment cycle.

Unless you transferred it to another mobile provider, you can reuse your Fizz phone number up to 60 days after unsubscribing, whether to reactivate your plan or to use it for another plan in your account.

We’d be sad to lose you. But if you really want to leave, here’s how to unsubscribe from Fizz. (Please tell us if there’s anything we can do to encourage you to stay.)

When you cancel your plan, you are required to pay in full for the current month (with the exception of the 15-day trial period).

Any money in your Wallet will be refunded at the end of your current payment cycle.

After you cancel your plan, you will still have access to your Fizz account. All information about your plan — including your transaction history and payments — will be kept for three years.

A promotional rebate is sometimes offered for a limited time on the suggested retail price of some phones offered on fizz.ca. To see how these discounts work and the conditions that apply if you leave Fizz, click here

Cancelling WITHOUT keeping your number
    1. Log into your Fizz account to do it yourself:
    2. Go to My plans in your Fizz account.
    3. Select the plan you wish to close.
    4. Click on Manage.
    5. Select Unsubscribe to begin the process.
    6. Select the credit card to which you will transfer any remaining funds in your Wallet.
    Cancelling and KEEPING your number
    1. To keep your phone number at a new provider, first and foremost, DO NOT cancel your current Fizz service — only active phone numbers can be transferred to a new provider.
    2. The process is simple: tell your new provider that you intend to keep your number. Your new provider will contact Fizz to disable your Fizz plan. The cancellation will only come into effect after your new provider has retrieved your phone number.
    3. Your new provider will ask you to identify your Fizz plan to confirm your number transfer. Before you call your new provider, have the following information handy:
    • Your Fizz account number: To find your account number, go to My Planthen go in Manage. Beneath your telephone number you’ll see your 8 digits account ID starting by 2 or 3...
    • OR The IMEI number for the last phone you used with your Fizz plan: This is your phone’s identity card; it also allows us to identify your plan. Your IMEI number can be found by dialing *#06# in your phone’s keypad.
    2. If you are transferring your number over to another mobile provider: 
    3. - Once you completed your subscription with this new provider and requested the transfer of your Fizz number, you’ll receive via text messaging a transfer authorization request. This text MUST be answered within the prescribed time frame (90 minutes) to confirm your wish to transfer this number. 
    4. - If this text message remains unanswered, or if you answer after the prescribed time, your request to transfer your number will be cancelled. You will need to contact the other provider directly to initiate a new request. 
    5. - If you don’t receive the transfer authorization request by text messaging, contact the other provider directly to initiate a new request. If you still don’t receive anything with that second attempt, then contact our Customer Service team: log into your Fizz account, and click on the chat bubble located in the bottom right corner of the page during our business hours.  
    Cancelling before the end of your payment cycle
    1. If you choose to cancel your Fizz mobile service before the end of your payment cycle, know that you will not receive any prorated refund. Fizz is a prepaid mobile service, and the choice to cancel before the end of your cycle is yours.
    Cancelling during the trial period
    1. Issuing you a refund is an essential component our trial period. The trial period is 15 days. (This excludes customers who have an approved Proof of disability form; the trial period is 30 days).
    2. Trial period refunds apply only to your monthly fees. Additional expenses such as Add-Ons, Travel Add-Ons and usage purchased with your Wallet will not be refunded.
    3. To receive this refund you must not have exceeded:
    • The trial period: 15 days for everyone, with the exception of customers living with a disability (who have completed the disability form)
    • 50% of the data included in your monthly plan (unless you have an approved Proof of disability form)
    1. To close your plan during the trial period, use the same process detailed above (with or without keeping your phone number). If you meet the above criteria, your cancellation request will be activated immediately — you won’t have to wait until the end of your payment cycle and your refund will occur automatically.
    Perks, upgrades and referral bonuses
    1. When you cancel your Fizz plan, you lose:
    • All the Perks, Upgrades and Points associated with your account
    • Any unused data that you could have rolled over or gifted to another Fizz member
    1. Use the rewards and benefits accumulated in your Fizz account before cancelling your plan. Make the most of them by gifting your data and activating your Perks before you go.
    3. If you leave Fizz, you will also lose the referral bonuses that are waiting in your account.  
    Invite a friend

• Fizzaddict
    Options

On why, you have to wait until the next payment cycle : Surely, for simplicity, if you can change your plan every day, I can not imagine the nightmare the programmer would have to think about, I suppose their software engineer choose the simple programming of only 1 change per billing cycle but you can buy add-on...

• tonyW
    Options

Well, if this has to be done manually, let's forgot the term "engineer".

The concept of softwares is to proccess action automaticly and make it simpler.

I am myself a programmer and this processed by CRON jobs which execute action in software at given time automaticly. The point you mentionned is totally unreleated.

• tonyW
    Options

Thanks @Fizzaddict for the waste of time just to boost you forum activity/post with text you copied from the FAQ.

If if ended on the forum, that the result of having tried all other possibility, searched all over the faq and sire plus google for same dude with same problem.

• Nicolas514
    Nicolas514 Posts: 42 ✭✭
    Options

their stupid system wont allow us to chose our payment date

This discussion has been closed.