if I have just the qubec plan can I receive incomming calls from all over canada and internationally

ashry
ashry Posts: 9 ✭✭
edited June 2022 in My Mobile

thanks in advance!

Best Answer

• Dapfizzer
    Dapfizzer Posts: 10,182 ✭✭
    Answer ✓

@ashry

Hi,

when you are in your coverage area, any call you receive, even those coming from abroad, are considered and billed as a local call.

• The coverage area you choose determines the expanse of the calls and texts included in your plan. If you choose the Canada coverage for instance, you can make or receive calls anywhere in the country. But with a Quebec coverage, a call made or receive from Vancouver for example would not be included in your plan, and you’d have to buy a Travel Add-on.
    • If you chose unlimited calls when creating your plan, you can make or receive as many calls as you like when you are within your coverage area. 

Source: https://fizz.ca/en/faq/abcs-fizz-mobile-services

Answers

• Fizzaddict
    Fizzaddict Posts: 240 ✭✭

Calling within your coverage area:

• Any call you make within your coverage area is considered a local call. If you choose the Canada coverage for instance, a call from Montreal to Vancouver will be local. 
    • When you are in your coverage area, any call you receive, even those coming from abroad, are considered and billed as a local call.
    • If your plan includes unlimited calls, you can make (and receive) as many local calls as you want within your coverage area. 

*If you chose the Quebec coverage, and want to know the rates for…

• … calls to Canada made from your coverage area (Quebec): log into your Fizz account. Under your mobile plan, click on Manage / Add-ons. Enter Canada under International calls.
    • … calls to Canada but when you are outside your coverage area (Quebec): log into your Fizz account. Under your mobile plan, click on Manage / Travel, and enter Canada.

Calling abroad (from your coverage area):

• To check rates, log into your Fizz account. Under your mobile plan, click on Manage / Add-on, and enter the country where you’d like to call. 
    • If an Add-on is offered to call that country, its information will be detailed, and you’ll have the opportunity to buy it. 
    • The per-minute rate will also be shown, but you’ll need to add funds to your Fizz wallet to pay for those calls. 
    • If you make calls each month to one country in particular, and that country is on our special rate list, it may be worthwhile for you to add the International calls option to your plan: for $5 per month, you get a fixed number of minutes for calls made from your coverage area to that country. 
    • To learn more: How can I make calls abroad when in my coverage area

Calling from abroad (when outside your coverage area):

Please note that it is currently impossible to make or receive calls while roaming. As soon as a firm date is available, info will be detailed here.  In the meantime, you can use data, and send/receive texts when you travel outside Canada and the U.S. To make and receive calls, you can use messaging apps such as WhatsApp or Messenger.

Troubleshooting https://fizz.ca/en/solutions/calls 

This discussion has been closed.