Port over a prepaid phone number to Fizz?

Esther C. #2231
Esther C. #2231 Posts: 4 ✭✭
edited June 2022 in My Mobile

Hi All,

I currently have a monthly prepaid mobile plan with Rogers. Should I anticipate any issues when porting over to Fizz? Haven't been able to find anything about porting over prepaid numbers in the forum. Thanks

Best Answer

• Dapfizzer
    Dapfizzer Posts: 10,182 ✭✭
    Answer ✓

@Esther C. #2231

Hi Esther,

when you transfer your current phone number to Fizz, your line must still be active with your current/previous provider. We will disconnect your old provider during the activation process.

To keep your number and transfer it to Fizz, you will need the account number for your current/previous mobile provider (you can find it on your bill).

During the activation process, here’s how to keep your current phone number:

1. Click Transfer a number to Fizz.
    2. Enter your phone number in the field that opens up below.
    3. Use the drop-down to choose your previous provider.
    4. Enter your previous provider’s account number or your phone’s IMEI# in the field below.
      • Find your account number on your bill.
      • Dial *#06# on your phone to get your 15-digit IMEI number.
        • Only the IMEI phone number used at your current provider will allow the transfer.
        • If the number is more than 15 digits long, enter only the first 15 digits.
    5. Click Next, review your first monthly plan payment and click Submit.
    6. A transfer authorization request will then be sent by text by your current provider to confirm your wish to transfer this number over to Fizz. This request must be answered by the set deadline. 

Important to know

• Only mobile numbers coming from the province of Quebec or the Ottawa region can be transferred.
    • Only numbers from the Fizz subscription area can be transferred to Fizz. If your number starts with an area code outside the subscription area, your number cannot be transferred.
    • It is not possible to transfer an administrative phone number — for example, a number associated with an organization or public institution.
    • It is currently impossible for us to transfer phone numbers that are associated with landlines and VOIP.
    • Failure to answer the transfer authorization request sent by text by your current provider by the set deadline means that your request to transfer your number over to Fizz will be cancelled. If you haven't received the transfer authorization request by text, you'll need to contact your current provider directly. 
    • Your current provider could prevent your number from being transferred. It’ll be impossible to transfer a number that has anti-port protection — a security feature that prevents numbers from being transferred. Your current provider could also block the transfer of your number if you don’t pay your last bill with them.  

Source: https://fizz.ca/en/faq/activation-how-do-i-transfer-my-current-phone-number-to-fizz

Answers

• James_12345
    James_12345 Posts: 13 ✭✭

I doubt there will be any problems porting over but if there are you can always just contact fizz.

This discussion has been closed.