Call Forwarding Works - but not for everyone

Options
tresbizy
tresbizy Posts: 9 ✭✭
edited June 2022 in Break Room

In order to use call forwarding we dropped Fizz voicemail and it worked

...but only on 1 of our 2 identical Fizz phones&plans

So we contacted Fizz Customer Service (Apr 20) - To fix the service problem with phone #2

Fizz Customer Support Experience (oh, oh)

• Up to 10-20 text and email messages.
  • We followed and responded to the instructions from approximately 10 Fizz customer service reps (some of their instructions are below)
  • Restart your phone and try again
  • Disable call forwarding then re-enable call forwarding (user codes - numerous times)
  • In order to reopen the ticket for further verification, could you please provide us screenshots with the respective messages you are receiving when attempting? (screenshots of voice messages?)
  • We have updated the team with what you have told us.
  • We will wait for a response from them after they have finished the investigation.
  • Rest assured, I already let our technical team know that you still encounter this error and I asked them to look further into the matter, in order to solve it in a timely fashion. Have a beautiful day.
  • Our technical team investigated further and they let us know that the issue is solved. And everything is looking great on our end.
  • What I would advise you to do now, is to deactivate all call forwarding setups you did by dialing: #21# After that, insert your SIM card into your husband's phone, restart it and then try to make the call forward again. If it doesn't work, please reach back and we will verify further with the details.
  • More emails and more DIY Customer support recommendations - None of the Fizz Support recommendations solved the problem.

A couple of months later...

• The Fizz support team began re-cycling instructions of things that had already been tried
  • So we requested another level of support

Technical Support

• The ticket was referred from Customer Support to Technical Support (but no one from “technical support” ever contacted us).
  • When we followed up with customer support, we were told that they could do nothing for us because the ticket had been referred to “Technical support” (gotcha).

Supervisor Requested and Filled out Complaint form

• A couple of days later the person in charge of complaints asks: “Why do you need this anyway?”
  • Then ticket number 2 is opened
  • Followed by more emails and more customer testing

June 10... and now third ticket has been opened - Why?

Can Fizz users Help ❓️

• I have suggested to Fizz customer support that we post the problem and continue discussions online to see if their customers can solve it (I will send them this link).

Comments

• tresbizy
    Options

I know this is in the wrong category - But Only 2 categories were available on pop up - this and points

• PF_Ref_D2U9A
    PF_Ref_D2U9A Posts: 5,787 ✭✭
    Options

Hi

If you are following the instructions posted in the Fizz FAQ - https://fizz.ca/en/faq/how-do-i-set-up-call-forwarding

there isn't much else we can add.

You say you have 2 identical phones and plans. Can you try a test by switching SIM cards and then redo the call forwarding setup? Does the problem follow with the phone or with the SIM card?

• tresbizy
    Options

Yes switching SIM cards was tried - one of things already tried in the dozens of suggestions from Customer support please see their 3 support tickets on my wife's account.

Yes call forwarding works on my account - just trying to get my wife's account re-set so we can make it work on her account (suspect there may have been a problem when her fizz voice mail was only partially removed).

thanks

• tresbizy
    Options

Looks like the problem follows with the customer account = SIM card?

• PF_Ref_D2U9A
    PF_Ref_D2U9A Posts: 5,787 ✭✭
    Options

Yes call forwarding works on my account - just trying to get my wife's account re-set so we can make it work on her account (suspect there may have been a problem when her fizz voice mail was only partially removed)

I think you may have found the culprit. If voicemail is still included in her plan, can you try removing it?

• tresbizy
    Options

Voicemail was removed but ... when she is not available calls do not get forwarded, instead they get a Fizz error message (possibly generated by fizz voicemail when it can not find her number?).

I have requested her account be reset (8 times), but customer service says that it is not possible (What?).

• tresbizy
    Options

If fizz can't fix this problem real soon (started in January)

We are planning to switch to a service provider with actual technical support.