US - pay as you go

Options
uzedia
uzedia Posts: 1,191 ✭✭
edited June 2022 in My Mobile

Hello, I am interested in signing up to the Mobile plan, mainly because they offer service for the US as well. I know that there a many postings about that but I am a little confused now. Last year I asked Fizz via Facebook if I could have service in the US during a two-day trip across the border using Pay-as-you-go if I only had the Canada plan. I was told I need to be subscribed to the Canada US plan and then use Pay-as-you-go. From what I read in the Forum, having the Canada US plan would allow me to make calls in the US without paying any extra. Could someone please explain that to me again? I am planning a few short and one or two longer trips to the US (2 or 3 weeks) in the coming months. So which plan and/or travel addon would be best for me? Thank you so much.

Best Answers

• Dapfizzer
    Dapfizzer Posts: 10,182 ✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

@uzedia

Hi,

the coverage area you choose determines the expanse of the calls and texts included in your plan. If you choose the Canada coverage for instance, you can make or receive calls anywhere in the country, as well as a CAN/USA plan coverage for the USA area. But with a Quebec coverage, a call made or receive from Vancouver for example would not be included in your plan, and you’d have to buy a Travel Add-on.

Source: https://fizz.ca/en/faq/abcs-fizz-mobile-services#1

• Dapfizzer
    Answer ✓
    Options

@uzedia

To use your cellphone during your trip abroad, if your plan coverage is Quebec, you'll need to buy a Travel Add-On or again add funds to your wallet to pay as you go.

Can’t decide if you need a Travel Add-On or should pay as you go? It depends on how long you will be away and how much you will be using your phone while roaming. If you will be travelling for a long time, choose a Travel Add-On (it’s more affordable, and will be valid until the end of your next payment cycle). If you’re going on a short trip, paying as you go will be more practical.

*Make sure to activate the roaming option of your phone, or else it'll block your usage. 

Source: https://fizz.ca/en/faq/im-travelling-outside-my-coverage-zone-what-are-my-roaming-options

• Dapfizzer
    Answer ✓
    Options

@uzedia

A Travel Add-On is an Add-On to your monthly plan that allows you to use data in a selected zone. A Zone is a group of countries that all share the same rate for data texts and minutes. In the Travel settings interface, enter the name of your destination country to see the zone, the countries included, and rates that apply.

A Travel Add-on is a one-time package that takes effect immediately and lasts until the end of your next payment cycle.

If you selected the Quebec coverage in your plan, consider buying a Travel Add-on or an International call Add-on to make your calls to Canada or the United States.

To buy a Travel Add-On:

1. Go to My Plans in your Fizz account.
    2. Scroll to the plan you wish to change.
    3. Click on Manage and choose Travel.
    4. Enter the name of the main country you will be visiting. (If you’re going to more than one country, tell us where you will be spending the most time).
    5. On the next screen, select Travel Add-On.
    6. You will see different options for your travel zone. Choose the option that suits you, based on the amount of data, minutes and text you will need.
    7. Click Confirm and pay for your Travel Add-On. It will be activated immediately.

Source: https://fizz.ca/en/faq/im-travelling-outside-my-coverage-zone-what-are-my-roaming-options#1

• Dapfizzer
    Answer ✓
    Options

@uzedia

To pay as you go when travelling outside Canada:

1. Go to My Plans in your Fizz account.
    2. Scroll to the plan you wish to change.
    3. Click on Manage and choose Travel.
    4. Enter the name of the main country you will be visiting. (If you’re going to more than one country, tell us where you will be spending the most time).
    5. On the next screen, select Pay As You Go.
    6. You will see different options for your travel zone. Choose the option that suits you, based on the amount of data, minutes and texts you will need.
    7. Click Add Money to My Wallet. This will take you to the Pay As You Go section, where you can add money to your wallet to cover travel usage. How to add funds to your wallet

Source: https://fizz.ca/en/faq/im-travelling-outside-my-coverage-zone-what-are-my-roaming-options#2

Answers

• ah727
    ah727 Posts: 805 ✭✭
    Options

If you have the Canada plan, you can go to the Canada + USA plan. You have to subscribe to this plan at least 5 days prior to the expiration of your current billing period in order to use the Canada + USA upgrade in the upcoming billing period. In your upcoming billing period, you can use your data in the UnitedStates, and make or receive phone calls and text messages as you do with your Canada plan without paying anything extra. You can call to Canada, and receive calls from Canada. People calling you from Canada won't be billed because you are covered as you were in Canada. You must cancel your Canada + USA plan at least 5 days before the end of your billing period to avoid being billed for the Canada + USA plan for the next billing period. Your Canada plan will be billed at the current rate with the same requirements.

This discussion has been closed.