Porting number from Vonage (VOIP)

Johnbmtl_ref_QSKU9
Johnbmtl_ref_QSKU9 Posts: 10 ✭✭
edited May 2022 in My Mobile

I read some old posts saying that VOIP numbers can’t be transferred to Fizz.

Is that still the case?

Thanks!

Best Answer

• Jess_i88b6
    Jess_i88b6 Posts: 12,946 ✭✭
    edited April 2022 Answer ✓

Hi @Johnbmtl

You cannot at the moment

Important to know

Only mobile numbers coming from the province of Quebec or the Ottawa region can be transferred.

Only numbers from the Fizz subscription area can be transferred to Fizz. If your number starts with an area code outside the subscription area, your number cannot be transferred.

It is not possible to transfer an administrative phone number — for example, a number associated with an organization or public institution.

It is currently impossible for us to transfer phone numbers that are associated with landlines and VOIP.

Failure to answer the transfer authorization request sent by text by your current provider by the set deadline means that your request to transfer your number over to Fizz will be cancelled. If you haven't received the transfer authorization request by text, you'll need to contact your current provider directly. 

Your current provider could prevent your number from being transferred. It’ll be impossible to transfer a number that has anti-port protection — a security feature that prevents numbers from being transferred. Your current provider could also block the transfer of your number if you don’t pay your last bill with them. 

Source: https://fizz.ca/en/faq/activation-how-do-i-transfer-my-current-phone-number-to-fizz

You need to transfer to a mobile operator in Quebec before transfer to Fizz

This discussion has been closed.