Why is my data not working?

Options
camilia L. #36901
camilia L. #36901 Posts: 2 ✭✭
edited May 2022 in My Mobile

I was out of the country and on arrival my data hasn't been working. I've reset my phone, made sure to try every type of network apn and stuff. Idk what I'm doing. Thanks!

Best Answer

• Clive_ref_code_73TF9
    Clive_ref_code_73TF9 Posts: 545 ✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hello @camilia L. #36901, generally when your device shows FIzz EXT it 'assumes' you are roaming outside of your subscription/coverage area. Check to see if your device is set to enable data when roaming. Another item to check is to switch between automatic and manual searches for mobile networks and select Fizz/Videotron LTE or 4G as the best options. This should resolve your issue.

Answers

• Jess_i88b6
    Jess_i88b6 Posts: 13,065 ✭✭
    edited April 2022
    Options

Hi @camilia L. #36901

If when you say on arrival, you mean on your arrival to the other country, did you buy an add-on or add money in your Fizz's wallet? Did you enable the data roaming? Was your phone compatible with the local network?

If the problem is when you came back, did you check if you still have data in your plan? Check if you selected the right default APN. Are you under Fizz or Fizz Ext?

You can chat in direct

•   Sign into your account

•   Follow the link on this page: https://fizz.ca/en/faq/im-unable-log-my-fizz-account-what-do-i-do

•   Wait 3 seconds for the green bubble with a '❔' appears at the bottom right of the browser, if you use a phone you must use it in desktop or horizontal mode

•   Choose the option 💬 chat

•   If the green bubble does not appear make sure your ad blocker is disabled, otherwise try with another browser.

Other means of contact

Whatsapp: (438) 393-5814

By private message on Twitter: https://mobile.twitter.com/fizz_ca

By private message on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/fizzca/

• camilia L. #36901
    camilia L. #36901 Posts: 2 ✭✭
    edited April 2022
    Options

On arrival to my country where I have my plan. I have gigs left and my calling and texting works. I tried to switch it to all the different apns to see if that would enable data roaming.... I'm on fizz ext. Thank you for your help!

• Jess_i88b6
    Jess_i88b6 Posts: 13,065 ✭✭
    edited April 2022
    Options

Hi @camilia L. #36901

Therefore "my country" is Canada

If you are using Fizz Ext you need to enable the data roaming

Check the network operator

Make sure your phone is configured to automatically select the Fizz mobile network.

IMPORTANT: Before beginning this process, make sure the SIM card is inserted in your phone. Otherwise, the Mobile networks menu will not be visible.

The steps for enabling your phone to automatically choose a network vary depending on the type of phone. Here are two examples:

Android: Settings → Connections → Mobile networks → Network operators → Search networks → Automatic/Fizz

iPhone:   Settings → Operators → Automatic/Fizz

Check if you have a data usage limit
    Check that a mobile data usage limit has not been set on your phone.

For example: Settings → Connections → Mobile data usage

Note: Some phones do not offer this option.

Some non-native applications can also block access to mobile data.

This discussion has been closed.