+1 514 ??? ???? calls work.

What do I need to do ?

Best Answer

Answers

• Dapfizzer
    Dapfizzer Posts: 10,182 ✭✭

@pjbfizz

Hi,

you will not be able to make calls while roaming outside your Canada or the United States.

Roaming calls (incoming or outgoing) will be available at a later time. We will update this FAQ when we have a firm date.

In the meantime, you will be able to use data, and send/receive texts when you travel outside your coverage zone. To make and receive calls, you can use messaging apps such as WhatsApp, Messenger or TextNow.

Source: https://fizz.ca/en/faq/im-travelling-outside-my-coverage-zone-what-are-my-roaming-options

• EricPD
    EricPD Posts: 152 ✭✭

Fongo is a good free voip option. Install the app on your phone and you can call Canadian numbers for free as long as you have some kind of data (wifi or lte). I used it in the past from Europe to contact my family in Canada. It works very well. You’ll also get a phone number so can receive calls too

• Jess_i88b6
    Jess_i88b6 Posts: 12,942 ✭✭
    edited April 2022

Hi @pjbfizz

When I was abroad I tried to install Fongo on one of mine phone, the store gave me only the pay option. Luckily, I had Fongo already installed in an another phone.

If you have problem and you have a Canadian VPN (for example from work), you can try to launch the VPN before the installation, after the installation you don't need it anymore.

Textnow can be an option, however, I didn't try to install outside the country.

• pjbfizz
    pjbfizz Posts: 3 ✭✭

Ok, thanks !

• Dapfizzer
    Dapfizzer Posts: 10,182 ✭✭

@pjbfizz

You're welcome!

This discussion has been closed.