Cancel and leave modem

Options
Myname
Myname Posts: 7 ✭✭
edited March 2022 in Internet

Hi guys,

So I live with a roommate, and we put out internet plan on her Fizz account when we moved in. However, he doesn't have a phone plan with Fizz, but I do. And I have a rebate if I add an Internet plan to my account. I was wondering if it's possible to cancel his plan and create a new one with my account right away without having to ship the modem back to Fizz?

Best Answers

• Jess_i88b6
    Jess_i88b6 Posts: 13,057 ✭✭
    edited March 2022 Answer ✓
    Options

HI @Myname

no, you need to cancel return the modem and only after that can you create a new plan

Attention, you can have some down of some days, I read that Fizz doesn't free the address right away, this can lead to some delay having the new internet :( Therefore, I believe that this will be a bad idea :'(

• Dapfizzer
    Dapfizzer Posts: 10,182 ✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

@Myname

Hi,

unfortunately, no. The transfer of a plan (whether mobile or Home Internet) from one account to another, even if two people are living at the same address (like two roommates for example), is not possible. Person A must unsubscribe, and person B subscribes with a new plan in their own account.

Source: https://fizz.ca/en/faq/im-moving-how-do-i-change-my-address-my-home-internet-service

• Clive_ref_code_73TF9
    Clive_ref_code_73TF9 Posts: 545 ✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hello @Myname, below are my suggestions:

• Fizz does not allow transfers of ownership
    • before you cancel, look at your current plan and if the current plans on offer by Fizz are better or not, in January Fizz changed its plan offerings and prices. If you cancel your current plan, it is gone and you would have to choose from current offers.
    • to avoid being without Home Internet you may be able to sign up for Home Internet to take advantage of your available discount and your flat-mate could then cancel his/her service once you receive your modem..
    • it may be best to contact Fizz Customer Service and explain the situation, to avoid any errors or confusion and possibly go without service for a day or two. You can use the online Chat features or log in, go to My Settings, Contact Form and submit your request there, the exchange occurs by the email address on your account.
This discussion has been closed.