INTERNET

Options
Tya
Tya Posts: 21 ✭✭
edited March 2022 in Internet

Hey! i have a question about my internet account! i am planning not to use my home internet for 3 months! and nobody gonna use my home internet! I don't want cancel my account because it's with promotional price! but also i do not want pay the whole price if i am not gonna use it at all! so what can i do in this situation???

Best Answer

• Clive_ref_code_73TF9
    Clive_ref_code_73TF9 Posts: 545 ✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hello @Tya , as others have pointed out you have three options:

• cancel your service and re-activate at whatever pricing is available at time of re-activation, likely lose any rewards
    • change nothing
    • if you have more than the base/lowest price plan, change it to the base plan and stay with that plan or choose from whatever plans on offer when you wish to start using it again
    • Fizz does change its plans and future offers could be more or less, the value of three months of service is $100+, consider if prices do go up how long would it take to balance out those savings if you cancel service.

Answers

• Dapfizzer
    Dapfizzer Posts: 10,182 ✭✭
    Options

@Tya

Hi,

for now, it is unfortunately impossible to put a Fizz plan (Internet and/mobile) on pause.

The best solution if you don’t want to lose your My Rewards status along with all your upgrades and perks is to adjust your plan to its strict minimum (by only keeping the Quebec coverage in a mobile plan for instance) for the time being.

If adjusting your plan to its strict minimum is not an option for you, you'll have to cancel your plan, and resubscribe later.

Source: https://fizz.ca/en/faq/how-can-i-put-my-plan-pause

• Emporium
    Emporium Posts: 2,303 ✭✭
    Options

Like Dapfizzer mentioned, you can't pause the plan. And unfortunately, if you change your plan (go down to a bare minimum), when you decide to come back and want to go back up again, you will no longer have any promotional pricing (as you mentioned). You will then go back to whatever posted plan prices are in effect when you decide to change back. Any changes to a plan, will automatically forego any promotional pricing.

Don't know what plan you have right now, but only you can make the calculations to see if short terms savings (for the next 3 months) are worth the higher monthly price when you come back.

This discussion has been closed.