It says that I used data on my account but I didn’t ?

MiryamPerets123_
MiryamPerets123_ Posts: 2 ✭✭
edited March 2022 in My Mobile

Hi, on March 8 my account got renewed and I get 12 gb per month. Yesterday, March 14, I decided to check my account and it said that on March 8 I used 10.60 GB!! So first I was shocked because I never used that much data in one day and I have wifi wherever I go so it didn’t make any sense. I even went and check on March 8 what I was doing in my camera roll and it was a school day. So I was in school , not using my phone for 8 hours of the day, from 8-5. And then I got home where I have my wifi. So it doesn’t make sense. And I have 24 days left to my payment cycle. Pls I’d like to get my data back. Because it doesn’t even make sense. Here’s a picture

Thank you

Best Answer

• Dapfizzer
    Dapfizzer Posts: 10,182 ✭✭
    Answer ✓

@MiryamPerets123_

However, here's how to contact Fizz’s support team directly to inquire about any possible issue whit your your data consumption, they will be able to do some further investigation to possibly correct this situation as well as provide you precise answers. You can do it by opening the following link: https://fizz.ca/en/faq/status-services and simply scroll down until you see the green bubble, than click on it to start your chat session with the customer service.

If the chat bubble still does not appear at the bottom of the page, on the right, after a few seconds, the number of pending sessions is higher than the service’s processing capacity. At that time, you can leave a message on the other proposed communication channels:

-By private message on Facebook/Messenger: https://facebook.com/fizzca.

-By private message on Twitter : https://mobile.twitter.com/fizz_ca

-Whatsapp : (438) 393-5814

Answers

• Dapfizzer

@MiryamPerets123_

Hi Miryam,

this situation is often due to apps that run in the background and sometimes even updates, or even streaming music apps such as Spotified just for example.

• Dapfizzer

@MiryamPerets123_

The amount of data your phone uses may vary depending on how you use it, which native installations are running on it, and which applications you have installed.

Some applications, native or not, can use your mobile data in the background.

For example, cloud-based apps such as Google Drive or Apple iCloud could be using your data to automatically backup your photos, videos, and documents.

Some streaming music or video services can also download content in the background.

Fizz provides you with handy tools to keep you informed about your mobile data usage:

• A usage metre (visible when you first sign in to your account) tells you how fast you are consuming your minutes and your data, compared to the amount available in your plan.
    • Notifications at 75%, 90% and 100% of your usage.

Note: You must log into your account and activate notifications at 75% and 90% usage. If you do not, you will only receive a notification when you are at 100% of your usage.

You can also check your mobile data usage directly via your phone.

The steps to follow to check your data usage can vary depending on the type of phone you have. Here are two examples:

AndroidSettings → Connections → Data usage → Mobile data usage

iPhoneSettings → Cellular → Cellular data usage

Source: https://fizz.ca/en/faq/my-telephone-is-using-an-usual-or-high-amount-of-data-why

• MiryamPerets123_
    MiryamPerets123_ Posts: 2 ✭✭

Hi , thank you for answering. On some days I’ve already had my data on for the whole day and it never ever took 10.60GB of data it always takes maximum 2 GB of data. And my iCloud backup on data is off so it wouldn’t be possible. Is there anything fizz can provide me with because I lost 10.60 GB of data for nothing.

• Dapfizzer
    edited March 2022

@MiryamPerets123_

As mentioned above, only Fizz’s support team could answer this, and that's why i've suggest you earlier to contact the service directly to inquire about that question and to obtain precise answers on this subject.

This discussion has been closed.