Voice Mail recurrent error message when trying to create PIN - Tempted to end 4x contract

QuebecCityUser
QuebecCityUser Posts: 3 ✭✭
edited March 2022 in My Mobile

I created the PIN for the Voice Mail in my account's web page at FIZZ.COM. However, when I try to access my voice mail in my cell (IPhone 7), I am asked to create a new PIN. I have tried several times entering the same PIN I defined in my account and creating a new one, since it asked to enter it twice. For several weeks now. The problem is that once I enter the PIN twice, I have the message "Error in the Voice Mail. Try again later". I know that I have some messages recorded that I can't reach. This is very annoying. If I don't find a solution, I am going to end my 4 cell phone service contracts with FIZZ. Anybody know how to get technical support?

Best Answer

• Philemon24
    Philemon24 Posts: 1,340 ✭✭
    Answer ✓

Hello @QuebecCityUser

Is this happening on all 4 of your phone services?

If only one, and if you are using the Fizz Visual voice mail, try uninstalling and reinstalling it.

To chat with Fizz tech support:

1. Go to a FAQ page e.g. https://fizz.ca/en/faq/status-services
    2. Look bottom right for the big ❔ question mark in a green bubble.
    3. Click it, options will be displayed
    4. Choose "💬 Chat"
    5. Note: the bubble will only display the chat for a computer version. If you are on a cell phone, you must check "Desktop site" in your browser settings.
    6. Submit your question with possibly a relevant screenshot or modem photo
    7. After that will be displayed the number of customers preceding you, to manage your expectations. Updated real time.

The advantages of Fizz bubble tool are that it is 24/7 real-time with waiting time management and the ability to print (e.g. PDF) a copy of the conversation for your records. Sometimes you can even leave a comment about your satisfaction with the conversation.

ALTERNATIVES

Answers

• Dapfizzer
    Dapfizzer Posts: 10,182 ✭✭
    edited March 2022

@QuebecCityUser

Hi,

when you try to access your Voicemail, are you on your Wi-Fi network because you need to have a data plan in order to be able to access visual messaging, because you can only access it through your data and not through Wi-Fi.

Since you're using an iPhone, it must have the iOS 15 or later update required for the proper functioning of visual messaging. To access it, here’s how:

1. Go to the Phone app
    2. Tap the Voicemail tab

So, make sure that your updates have been done properly, then restart your device, then send the following text message: STATE, all caps, to this number precisely: 44744 and in order to check if the maneuver has worked well, go to the Phone app on your iPhone and tap the Messaging tab.

Source: https://fizz.ca/en/faq/whats-visual-voicemail-and-how-does-it-work

• QuebecCityUser
    edited March 2022

Hello. The CHAT option is not available in the webpage (desktop, connected to account). The Messenger option also unavailable. I am trying to reach the WhatsApp line  (438) 393-5814.

• Dapfizzer
    Dapfizzer Posts: 10,182 ✭✭
    edited March 2022

@QuebecCityUser

Wait a few minutes and try again, you should be able to access the Chat. Also, sometimes it is easier to access through the French version of Fizz’s siteweb.

Try it with this link, and don’t worry, you can still converse in English with the service, going through the French link will not affect the language used for your conversation with the service: https://fizz.ca/fr/faq/etat-services

• QuebecCityUser

I received instructions by WhatsApp. It worked. Thanks!

This discussion has been closed.