Is it possible to use lucky mobile sim card?

Roky
Roky Posts: 2 ✭✭
edited March 2022 in My Mobile

I went to buy fizz sim card in Couche Tard.

I requested to fizz sim card, but they gave me lucky mobile one, which they only have.

I bought it, but I'm not sure I can use it.

Anybody knows about that?

Can I use lucky mobile sim card?

Best Answer

• Dapfizzer
    Dapfizzer Posts: 10,182 ✭✭
    Answer ✓

@Roky

Hi,

you will not be able to use a competitor’s SIM card to use Fizz’s network and services.

Answers

• Dapfizzer
    Dapfizzer Posts: 10,182 ✭✭

@Roky

Here’s how to order your very first Fizz SIM card:

1. Go to the Fizz subscription page.
    2. Create an account by entering your name, email and password.
    3. Enter the number of SIM cards you wish to order (If you want multiple plans you can order more than one SIM — for example, for your spouse or your kids.)
    4. Enter your home/service address (this address must be within the Fizz coverage area).
    5. Add your delivery address (if different from your home/service address).
    6. Select your shipping method.
    7. Enter your payment information and click Submit.
    8. ... When you receive your SIM card, visit fizz.ca/activate to activate your sim card

You can also order a SIM card when you buy a phone on fizz.ca. Just add it to your order.  

Our SIM cards are now available in some Couche-Tard stores.

Source: https://fizz.ca/en/faq/how-do-i-order-sim-card

• EricPD
    EricPD Posts: 152 ✭✭

The SIM card is the link between the phone and the service provider. The provider network ID is hardcoded in the SIM card.

So, this is not a Fizz limitation, it's just how it works worldwide. Embedded SIM (eSIM) is changing this, however: some phones have a programmable SIM integrated. We just need to load the profile provided by the service provider. Unfortunately, Fizz doesn't support eSIM yet.

This discussion has been closed.