Suspended service

linazigha03
linazigha03 Posts: 1 ✭✭
edited March 2022 in My Mobile

Hi, my credit card does work anymore so I cant pay the next month's payment plan and I got a text saying I have less than 24 hours to pay or my plan will be suspended. Because I'm a student, if I dont manage to pay for next month's plan, will I still be able to pay for the plan for the month right after?

Best Answer

• Dapfizzer
    Dapfizzer Posts: 10,182 ✭✭
    Answer ✓

@linazigha03

Hi,

when your plan is suspended, you have one payment cycle (so one month) to make your payment. The deadline will be indicated in your account, as well as in the communications that will be sent to you to this effect. If no payment is made, your suspended plan will be automatically cancelled:

• In the case of a mobile plan, your SIM card will be deactivated, your phone number will be assigned to another person, your unused data will be deleted. Any funds left in your Fizz wallet will be reimbursed via the payment method used for the original transaction. 
    • In the case of a Home Internet plan, your subscription will be deactivated and cancelled. The instructions to return your Fizz Wi-Fi modem will be sent to you, but also remain available in the My Account section of the website.

All referral bonuses associated with your plan will also be lost, including the ones pending in the account of the friends you invited.

If a payment fails for more than one plan.

If you have several plans for which the payment failed, you’ll receive automatic reminders for each of them. Each reminder will tell you what you need to do along with the deadline that applies, to pay for each plan yourself to avoid having one suspended or even cancelled.

Can I keep my phone number if my mobile plan is cancelled due to a payment failure?

When your mobile plan is cancelled due to a payment failure, you risk the lost of the associated phone number. It is therefore VERY important, if you want to keep your phone number, to pay your outstanding balance as soon as possible.

We keep the phone number in our systems for a period of 60 days following the deactivation date. If you want to transfer your number to another provider, you’ll have to reactivate your plan because only active numbers can be transferred. 

Source: https://fizz.ca/en/faq/how-do-i-fix-payment-issue

Answers

• Hello @linazigha03, as @Dapfizzer pointed out, you do have a limited time to reactivate. If your credit card has an issue, consider paying with a prepaid card or the other options Fizz offers. Note, most pre-paid credit cards have costly fees though there are several that have advertised as free or very cheap.

This discussion has been closed.