How do I stop my pre-authorization payment with Fizz because I am deactivating my account in 2 days
I just received an email from Fizz that the pre authorization payment now takes place 72hrs before the next cycle. Fizz shouldn't charge me anymore because I am deactivating my account this 28th February and that date still falls on my current billing cycle. It's so hard this kind of communication with Fizz that they don't have live customer service that you can speak to anytime it's disappointing.
Philemon24 Posts: 1,340
sorry to see you leave.
Unfortunately I do not think you stop a payment other than unsubscribing your service. And as far as I know you cannot change your payment to a void credit card.
The good news is if it's an Internet Plan, you will eventually be reimbursed pro-rated once the modem is properly received. Source: https://fizz.ca/en/faq/how-do-i-unsubscribe-from-fizz-home-internet
It's different for a Mobile Plan, the refund is not pro-rated. Source: https://fizz.ca/en/faq/unsubscribe#3a
The change to 72hrs has been made to diminish the service outage made by payment issues. So in a sense that decision was to help their customer more than anything. You are living the drawback, unfortunately.
Fizz' customer service is relatively real-time. It is better to reach them outside rush hours. I was once put on hold for hours at Videotron, which has one of the best customer line (that comes with a price). All to say you may have been unlucky to reach them.
For a non-urgent matter, many clients claim to easily reached them asynchronously on social media.
- Go to a FAQ page e.g. https://fizz.ca/en/faq/status-services
- Look bottom right for the big ❔ question mark in a green bubble.
- Click it, options will be displayed
- Choose "💬 Chat"
- Note: the bubble will only display the chat for a computer version. If you are on a cell phone, you must check "Desktop site" in your browser settings.
- Submit your question with possibly a relevant screenshot or modem photo
- After that will be displayed the number of customers preceding you, to manage your expectations. Updated real time.
The advantages of Fizz bubble tool are that it is 24/7 real-time with waiting time management and the ability to print (e.g. PDF) a copy of the conversation for your records. Sometimes you can even leave a comment about your satisfaction with the conversation.
- Facebook Messenger at https://www.facebook.com/fizzca (open hours detailed over there)
- Twitter private https://mobile.twitter.com/fizz_ca
- WhatsApp : (438) 393-5814 or see "How to contact Fizz on WhatsApp?" at https://forum.fizz.ca/en/discussion/comment/6568069
StefanM Posts: 1,451
They will likely withdraw the money but then refund it to you because it's a pre-payment. As soon as your plan expires the payment system automatically refunds you any remaining balance back to your method of payment. Should you have money in the wallet, you can contact Fizz to refund it to you manually. Hope this helps.1
Hello @Aiya, if you unsubscribed from your Fizz mobile service, effective Feb. 28th, they should refund your money. If you did not unsubscribe and want to cancel your service as of Feb. 28th, I suggest you follow the process to unsubscribe and contact Fizz directly. Note, if you want to switch to another provider and keep your existing phone number, you must switch and port your number before your Fizz mobile stops working, you can port a phone number only when still active.0
Hi it's a home internet plan0