I got a notice saying my plan was going from $60 to $55 a month - amount posted is $57 wassup?

Options
MimiB
MimiB Posts: 1 ✭✭
edited March 2022 in My Mobile

Ealrier this month I was advised my plan cost was being reduced from $60 to $55 for 120mbps D - 20 mbps U. The change is to take place on 28 February and the posted amount is $57 NOT $55. Newbies are getting the $55 price and I am a loyal customer but am going to be charged more. What gives? How do I get this fixed?

I can't find a telephone number to call to contact customer service and I don't do social media. So I don't know how to send them an email either. Can anyone give me some direction on what to do to get through to Fizz to get the advertised price?

Best Answer

• Clive_ref_code_73TF9
    Clive_ref_code_73TF9 Posts: 545 ✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hello @MimiB, I assume you have checked your account transaction/payment histories. Another way to contact Fizz Customer Support is to log in, go to My Settings, Contact Form and submit your complaint/request there and the exchange occurs by the email address registered on your account.

Answers

• Fizzy
    Fizzy Posts: 10,901 ✭✭
    Options

Hi!

I did not know that Fizz would "automatically" reduce plan prices. Based on past experience, a customer would usually have to logon their account and make a plan change to take advantage of lower prices.

Do check your notice carefully. Is there a breakdown of the posted amount of $57?

I believe this amount possibly includes taxes and your My Rewards discounts. If you already have a monthly discount of $5 off your plan, then the charge would be $50 plus taxes, which works out to $57.49. Is this what you see?

Fizz is 100% online, so there is no telephone number to call.

If you need to contact Fizz, you can Live Chat with customer support at any time:

1- Connect to your Fizz account by clicking « Login » in the top right corner at fizz.ca

2- Any ad blockers in your browser should be disabled.

3- Open a Fizz help page like this one: https://fizz.ca/en/faq/i-would-like-to-change-my-fizz-home-internet-plan-how-do-i-do-this

4- The green chat bubble should appear after a few seconds in the bottom right corner.

• vanigh
    vanigh Posts: 328 ✭✭
    Options

As fizzy explained your fizz account will answer your question, if not chat with a Fizz support agent.

• Emporium
    Emporium Posts: 2,303 ✭✭
    Options

There is no automatic adjustment of prices by Fizz. That is a Good and bad thing. It's a good thing when prices are going up, since you will keep you original price plan. However when prices go down, you need to do it yourself to take advantage of any better pricing.

The 120/20 plan changed prices as of last August. In August of 2021, they had a limited time promo and you could get the 120/20 plan for $50/m (when the original price used to be $60/m). That is when I jumped over to Fizz and got the $50/m price and that is still what my base plan costs me. Many existing customers also signed up for the $50 plan, since it was $10 cheaper than what they were already paying. Once the promo was over, the regular price of the 120/20 plan went up to $55/m (instead of the previous $60/m) and has been there ever since.

Keep in mind the prices I am stating above are JUST the base prices for the plan. Many get less than that one you take into consideration any monthly discounts (many have $2 to $7/m in discounts from attaining different levels in these forums).

So if your base price (before any discounts) is still at $60/m, then you are late to the game. You should change your plan (to the same speed), but you will get the $55 pricing (which then any discounts you have would be applied to afterwards).

So regardless if you are a new or existing loyal customer, you can take advantage of any current pricing (promo or not) that Fizz offers, just by changing to that plan manually. If you don't request a plan change, it will NOT happen automatically. At least Fizz has NOT done that yet to anyone as far as I know.

This discussion has been closed.