Transfer to fizz (New activation) & Referral question & Other questions

Options
kk12
kk12 Posts: 1 ✭✭
edited February 2022 in My Mobile

Hello,

I have a few questions for Fizz.

1) I currently have a phone number that I put on paused with Fido (for traveling). However, I am planning to reactivate that number but also considering switching to Fizz. Is it possible to transfer the number to Fizz and activate a new account while the plan is on pause? Or do I have to reactivate it and then switch to Fizz?

2) Is it later possible to transfer the phone number to someone else? I currently have two accounts for fido, one for me, one for a family member. I believe that since the account is under my name for both numbers, I would have to activate a Fizz account for both numbers. But what if later that person wants to be more independent and pay for their own phone plan? If it is possible to transfer the number, is there a fee to do so?

3) For referrals promotions, is it by the number of phone numbers (plans) that gets transferred or by account? Let's say another person has 3 phone numbers (parents and child), do I get a referral bonus by phone number transferred or by account (which is 1 person holding the 3 numbers)?

4) Lastly, is it normal that the number of people in the queue for the chat increases? I have been waiting for almost an hour and it has been increasing from 5 people to 7 people in the last hour. How long does it usually take to get a response from the chatbox?

Thank you!

Best Answer

• PF_Ref_D2U9A
    PF_Ref_D2U9A Posts: 5,781 ✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hi kk12

1) To be able to transfer a phone number to Fizz, your line must be active or working. More info can found here - https://fizz.ca/en/faq/activation-how-do-i-transfer-my-current-phone-number-to-fizz

2) Fizz is flexible with accounts. You can have one phone number per account or multiple numbers on the same account. You can use a different email address (or email alias) for each account. Know that once a phone number is assigned to a Fizz account, the number cannot be moved to another Fizz account.

3) The answer depends on how you many plans you want on the same Fizz account. Only the first plan activated on each Fizz account is eligible for a referral bonus. Let's say you want to open 2 Fizz accounts. You can use a friend's referral code (or mine if you don't already have one) to activate the first plan of your first account. Once your plan is active, you can use the referral code of your first account to activate another plan on a second Fizz account. More info can be found here - https://fizz.ca/en/faq/how-do-i-invite-friends-to-join-fizz

4) The wait time can vary. The customer service is open 24/7. Sometimes it can be more efficient to ask your questions in the community forum just as you have done. I hope my answers have helped. If there is anything else, feel free to ask away.

Welcome to Fizz!

Answers

• Clive_ref_code_73TF9
    Options

Hello @kk12, if you want to 'game the system' and maximize the referral bonus', open an account, transfer only one number and use that account to refer the second account, repeat for any subsequent accounts/phone numbers. Note that the referral bonus offer does change from time to time. The downside to multiple accounts is more to manage and all reward points are in seperate accounts.

This discussion has been closed.