Am I eligible for the 40$ referral if I put in my order yesterday for a 25$ referral?

ProfessorHall
ProfessorHall Posts: 3 ✭✭
edited February 2022 in Internet

Hello everyone, I ordered internet for Fizz starting next Saturday, and put in a friend for the 25$ referral. I was wondering if I would be eligible for the 40$ (instead of the 25$) seeing as my plan has not started? It does not seem to allow me to do it through my account... Thank you.

Best Answer

• Fizzy
    Fizzy Posts: 10,819 ✭✭
    Answer ✓

Hi ProfessorHall

The referral cannot be altered or changed once you have paid for your plan.

The only way is to cancel your pending plan and then wait until the next day to place a new order again.

You will be refunded for the first cancelled order, but refunds can take a few weeks before they are applied back to your payment card.

Answers

• ProfessorHall
    ProfessorHall Posts: 3 ✭✭

Hi Fizzy, thank you for the answer.

Admittedly, that is quite ridiculous. I scheduled my internet setup for next weekend, and it clearly says the plan will only be activated as of 72 hours prior to setup.

In the conditions of the referral bonus, it stipulates that "The new member must activate their mobile or Home Internet plan between February 21 and March 31, 2022, inclusively, ...".

While I may have paid, my plan certainly is not activated; it is irrational to have to cancel and redo the whole process given that it does not contradict the outlined conditions.

• Doomdrou
    Doomdrou Posts: 725 ✭✭

Unfortunately, no.

• Fizzy
    Fizzy Posts: 10,819 ✭✭

For internet plans, it does depend on the date that a new customer signs up for their plan. This can work to customer's advantage. Let's say you sign-up on March 31. You would still get $40 even if your installation takes place in April/May and the bonus has gone back to the regular $25.

Here in the community forum, we are customers just like you.

If you wish, you can Live Chat with Fizz customer support for clarification at any time:

1- Connect to your Fizz account by clicking « Login » in the top right corner at fizz.ca

2- Any ad blockers in your browser should be disabled.

3- Open a Fizz help page like this one: https://fizz.ca/en/faq/how-do-i-invite-friends-to-join-fizz

4- The green chat bubble should appear after a few seconds in the bottom right corner.

More information available here: https://fizz.ca/en/contact-us

• Teardrop
    Teardrop Posts: 1 ✭✭

Hi Fizzy! I totally agree with @ProfessorHall that this doesn't seem fair at all, as the internet plan is NOT considered to be activated even by the company itself, until the Fizz technician's appointment takes place. I made an appointment on Feb 19 and the technician's appointment was scheduled for Feb 22. When I heard about the $40 referral bonus, I checked in my account yesterday (Feb 21) and saw that my internet plan status was clearly indicated as "Activation Pending" (as shown in the screenshot attached). Therefore, since the Activation hasn't happened (which is essentially what "pending" means) I thought surely I would be eligible for the $40 referral bonus when the plan gets activated on Feb 22, and didn't bother to cancel my plan and re-order it. I would have done that, had I not seen the "Activation Pending" message. Now I'm very disappointed about how this is being handled, on my first day of joining Fizz... : (

This discussion has been closed.