OMG My Modem is Dead...

Options
Brad C. #26038
Brad C. #26038 Posts: 6 ✭✭
edited February 2022 in Internet

Ugh, not a great way to spend my Sunday or prepare for Monday work.

Ethernet not working on any plugged computers and WIFI not working on any wireless devices.

By all rights, my modem appears to have died. Currently using my very limited phone data.

Modem has been rebooted using the the web interface.

Modem has been power cycled. Unplugged for 10 minutes.

Modem has been Factory Reset from the web interface.

Modem has been Factory Reset using the physical reset button on back of Modem.

All lights on Modem "appear" fine. Power, Download, Upload, Ethernet, 2.4G, 5G all green.

I need a new Modem. FAST. I work remotely and my livelihood depends on FIZZ infrastructure.

Realize it's Sunday but... Help!

Best Answer

• Dapfizzer
    Dapfizzer Posts: 10,182 ✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

@Brad C. #26038

Hi Brad,

you should contact Fizz’s support team directly to inquire about possible network work in your area, and if not, they will be able to do some further investigation to correct this situation. You can do it by opening the following link: https://fizz.ca/en/faq/status-services and simply scroll down until you see the green bubble, than click on it to start your chat session with the customer service.

If the chat bubble still does not appear at the bottom of the page, on the right, after a few seconds, the number of pending sessions is higher than the service’s processing capacity. At that time, you can leave a message on the other proposed communication channels:

-By private message on Facebook/Messenger: https://facebook.com/fizzca.

-By private message on Twitter : https://mobile.twitter.com/fizz_ca

-Whatsapp : (438) 393-5814

Answers

• Brad C. #26038
    Brad C. #26038 Posts: 6 ✭✭
    Options

Thanks for your reply Dap.

I ended up going to Twitter and the reply I got was not exactly satisfying. In a twitter DM I was informed that at 10:19am this morning a maintenance was begun for "my area". Since it was "my area" the disruption was not mentioned on the FIZZ status page. My delightfully cheerful response to that DM was the following:

What a waste of time and money. If you want us customers to be self-sufficient then give us the bloody tools. You clearly had this maintenance interruption info sitting in a database somewhere. Why don't you get someone to build an app/tool that will let us punch in our postal code to output any related disturbances for the area? Gawd... I wasted 2 aggravating hours wiping out all my network customizations for no reason at all. Get it together Fizz or fall behind like Blackberry and become forgotten.

Bizarrely enough, my internet began to start working after I posted this topic and during the time I was DMing FIZZ on Twitter. Sus... 😒

• Dapfizzer
    Dapfizzer Posts: 10,182 ✭✭
    Options

@Brad C. #26038

You're welcome!

• SquikyBird
    SquikyBird Posts: 1,614 ✭✭
    edited February 2022
    Options

Lol I have a speed problem yesterday. I chat with them. They made me redo all the typical things to reset, reboot. All the things that we have already done. When everything was done again, no improve. Suddently after few minutes wifi speed return to normal. 🤷‍♂️ I just plug an rj-45 câble on the modem.

This discussion has been closed.