Minutes Unlimited on plan

Options
uzayr
uzayr Posts: 8 ✭✭
edited October 2022 in My Mobile

Is the add on Minutes unlimited for incoming or outgoing calls?

If I turn it off Minutes Unlimited on plan - can i still take incoming calls for free?

Best Answer

• Philemon24
    Philemon24 Posts: 1,340 ✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hello @uzayr

Unlike SMS, call minutes are not distinguished between incoming or outgoing. If you do not pay some way or another you cannot call or be called.

In other words, if you turn off Minutes Unlimited on plan you won't be reachable unless you buy add-on minutes. More on pay as you go minutes in this FAQ.

Alternatively, if you have data, people can still reach you on your favorite app that supports in-app calls like Facetime, Facebook Messenger, Signal, etc..

Answers

• Clive_ref_code_73TF9
    Options

Hello @uzayr, I second @Philemon24 comment, you must either have minutes as part of your plan, an-add (very costly over time) or use a calling app and there are 100s of these. Calling apps you download and install require a data plan or WIFI, usually have some cost, some are very secure or encrypted and safe, others are intrusive through app permissions and questionable data gathering and sharing. The positives are the good apps are secure, low cost and offer inexpensive long-distance options for calling international numbers.

• brouleau21
    brouleau21 Posts: 176 ✭✭
    Options

I second both previous answers, but i must stress the fact that an app will use your data plan and the bandwith for calls is relatively high. So, this option is VERY good if

• A good data plan that already covers for the extra call data
    • You make and receive very little calls.

If those are not your case then this option is usually not as big a plus as it initially seems since you will have to upgrade you data plan to cover for the extra data. This is still, in most cases, cheaper than the phone plan, but it reduces the gain.

Another thing to consider, you will have to warn everyone to call you to this new place and make the number they all know useless. This is extra management and usually cause some trouble and call loss that you may never know about :-)

• AlexandreHenri
    AlexandreHenri Posts: 2 ✭✭
    Options

thank you for your message

• samukai
    samukai Posts: 27 ✭✭
    Options

Message he say!

• Kaybec
    Kaybec Posts: 11 ✭✭
    Options

I think that you can...