Facebook & messenger offline??

Options
ShayShay
ShayShay Posts: 11 ✭✭
edited February 2022 in Internet

Hi guys

New here been less than a month i have my new phone S20Fe and service. But since my messenger massages arent coming in properly and i keep getting offline notifications . I've contacter fizz 3 times. Restarted phone, put in airplane mode manually entered APN and nothing. Anybody else experiencing this?

Best Answer

• Dapfizzer
    Dapfizzer Posts: 10,182 ✭✭
    edited January 2022 Answer ✓
    Options

@ShayShay

Hi,

first remove your SIM card with caution, then reinsert it and to finish, reboot (power cycle) your device by holding down the device’s start button for 10 seconds.

After you reboot, your applications will reload. Your phone will then re-authenticate to the Fizz mobile network. This will allow your device to recover its authorization to access the network.

If you have access to a phone that is compatible with the Fizz mobile network, insert your Fizz SIM card into this phone and see if it is possible to access the internet. This will tell you if your phone is the source of the problem.

Conversely, if you do not have access to another phone compatible with the Fizz network but do have access to another active Fizz SIM card with a plan that includes mobile data, insert this card into your phone.

You can also tested the troubleshooting mentioned in the following FAQ: https://fizz.ca/en/faq/how-do-i-use-my-phone-to-access-the-internet

Answers

• Philemon24
    Philemon24 Posts: 1,340 ✭✭
    Options

Something seems blocking FB on your phone. I doubt it is related to Fizz. Try your SIM card in someone else phone to test (with proper APN settings).

• StefanM
    StefanM Posts: 1,453 ✭✭
    Options

Must definitely be connected to your phone. Double check that everything is compatible with the Fizz network. Also check your phone settings and make sure that the OS is not limiting the data usage for the Messenger App

• Clive_ref_code_73TF9
    Options

Hello @ShayShay, I have some suggestions:

• remove and reinstall the FB app
    • check for and install updates to the OS (Android or iOS) and installed apps
    • check to see if any other apps that use data are functioning properly
    • if all other apps and phone functions are working properly, try with a browser instead of the app and use private/incognito mode
This discussion has been closed.