How do I change my plan now

Options
Goodolddude
Goodolddude Posts: 2 ✭✭
edited January 2022 in About my account

How do I change my plan to get effective now, not on the next cycle?

Best Answer

Answers

• Dapfizzer
    Dapfizzer Posts: 10,182 ✭✭
    Options

@Goodolddude

Add-Ons are active immediately. They’re valid until the end of your next payment cycle.

In other words, if there are 10 days left on your current payment cycle, your Add-On will be valid for approximately 40 days.

How do I buy an Add-On?

To buy an Add-On:

1. Go to My Plans in your Fizz account.
    2. Here you’ll see a usage summary for all your Plans.
    3. Scroll to the Plan you are buying the Add-On for.
    4. Click Buy Add-On.
    5. Here you’ll see three options: Data, Calls/Text and International calls.
    6. Choose the type of Add-On you need and the desired amount.
    7. You can choose one Add-On per category (Data, Calls/Text, International calls).
    8. For international calls, enter the country you will visit and browse relevant Add-Ons.
    9. Choose your payment method, review your summary and click Submit.

Source: https://fizz.ca/en/faq/what-is-an-add-on-and-how-do-i-buy-one

• Goodolddude
    Goodolddude Posts: 2 ✭✭
    Options

This I knew... But the add ons will cost me the price of my next months plus the next months... Going to the USA for the next 2 months so data and calls will turn out to be very pricy... I will just buy a SIM card from the states with AT&T then... 🙄

• Dapfizzer
    Dapfizzer Posts: 10,182 ✭✭
    Options

@Goodolddude

We recommend purchasing a local SIM card. This will give you access to better rates on data. Helpful tip: use messaging apps (whatsApp, Messenger...) to stay in touch on the road instead of calling and texting.

As for your Fizz plan (Internet and/or mobile), it is unfortunately impossible for now to put it on pause. The best solution if you don’t want to lose your My Rewards status along with all your upgrades and perks is to adjust your plan to its strict minimum (by only keeping the Quebec coverage in a mobile plan for instance) for the time being.

How to change my mobile plan 

How to change my Home Internet plan 

Source: https://fizz.ca/en/faq/im-travelling-outside-my-coverage-zone-what-are-my-roaming-options

• MichelP
    MichelP Posts: 8,733 ✭✭
    Options

HI, Goodolddude

Sorry, if you decide to change your plan, it can't be effective today, only the next cycle of your plan.

I understand if you're buying add-ons it can be very expensive if you decide to go to the USA.

Your best solution, i thing is to save during your trip: when you are in USA, buy a sim card from a big supplier as AT&T and choose a plan from them.

Have a good trip.

• Doomdrou
    Doomdrou Posts: 725 ✭✭
    Options

You can't change your plan effectively today. Changes only occur at the next payment cycle. If you want to add something now, you can purchase an add-on.

This discussion has been closed.