Laptop randomly disconnecting from wifi

Options
PascalJ
PascalJ Posts: 4 ✭✭
edited January 2022 in Internet

hello, my laptop randomly disconnect quite often from my FIZZ wifi, is it more likely the wifi rooter the problem or the laptop itself ?

Best Answer

Answers

• Clive_ref_code_73TF9
    Options

Hello @PascalJ, I suggest the below:

• is it just the laptop that experiences WIFI signal loss or all devices?
    • if all devices, then check to see if the wireless light on the modem is on or intermittent.
    • if all devices check to see if you might have a weak signal in part of your home or if there might be something interfering with the WIFI signal
    • does the laptop still drop the signal if you are right next to the modem?
    • check your other devices near the modem and other locations in your home....distance does matter, i.e. the top floor in the bedroom furthest from the modem
  • Clive_ref_code_73TF9
    Options

....@Dapfizzer had the right link for a checklist. I would also suggest if the modem is dusty, use a small amount of low-pressure compressed air to clean it out and place in an area less prone to dust. It may be a good idea to reset your modem to factory settings, it is electronics and sometimes suspect to occasional bugs and a factory reset may resolve a temporary issue. Another method to contact a Fizz team member is to go to My Settings - Contact Form in your account and submit a complaint to open a Support Ticket.

• SquikyBird
    SquikyBird Posts: 1,614 ✭✭
    Options

The wifi drivers on the laptop could be the problem.

This discussion has been closed.