Time limit after gifting

Sam_Y
Sam_Y Posts: 20 ✭✭
edited March 4 in Data Gifting

Hello,

I was wondering if the time limit on data stays the same after gifting or if it resets for the receiving party.

For example, if it says 15 days left for me and I gift it to someone else, does the other person also have 15 days to use it?

Best Answer

• Dapfizzer
    Dapfizzer Posts: 10,182 ✭✭
    Answer ✓

@Sam_Y

Hi Sam,

Gifted data is valid until the end of the recipient’s payment cycle that follows the cycle during which the data was gifted. For example, say I receive gifted data on May 15, but my payment cycle ends on May 27. That gifted data will therefore be valid up until the end of my next payment cycle on June 27th.

Gifted data cannot be rolled over. If the recipient doesn't use that data before the end of the payment cycle that follows the cycle during which he received it, the gifted data will be deleted.

To see how long gifted data is valid:

1. Go to My Plans in your Fizz account.
    2. Under the plan you wish to view (if you have more than one) click on See usage.
    3. This will open the Usage screen, which lists all your gifts, Add-Ons, Rollovers, etc. The blue arrow will tell you which data bucket you are currently using. On the right hand side you can see how many days are left for your gifted data.

Source: https://fizz.ca/en/faq/what-is-data-gifting-and-how-does-it-work#4

Answers

• Fling
    Fling Posts: 8,641 ✭✭

Hi Sam,

For your example the answer is yes the person will have only 15 days to use it. But like it is show in the answer before me, if you have rollover for three months and you want to give data, those data will be taken on the newest one and not on the older one in your account.

Have a nice day

This discussion has been closed.