Travelling for 3 months in Europe. Need to have access to my text messages

Options
cherie
cherie Posts: 4 ✭✭
edited January 2022 in My Mobile

What is the best way to keep access to my text messages (using my existing phone number) while travelling abroad. This is so I can keep up with two-factor identification from my work/financial institutions

Best Answer

• Emporium
    Emporium Posts: 2,303 ✭✭
    edited January 2022 Answer ✓
    Options

Data is NOT text/SMS. Data is internet Data. Text messages are pay per use only.

Assuming the country you are in is included in the list of countries that Fizz has service, then YES.

Zone: Europe

This zone include all countries listed below:

GERMANY,AUSTRIA,BELGIUM,BOSNIA HERZEGOVINA,GIBRALTAR,CZECH REPUBLIC,DENMARK,ESTONIA,FAROE ISLANDS,FINLAND,FRANCE,GREENLAND,CROATIA,NETHERLANDS,IRELAND,SPAIN,SWEDEN,SWITZERLAND,ITALY,ICELAND,LATVIA,LIECHTENSTEIN,LITHUANIA,LUXEMBOURG,HUNGARY,MALTA,MONACO,NORWAY,POLAND,PORTUGAL,ROMANIA,RUSSIA,SLOVAKIA,SLOVENIA,UKRAINE,GREECE,JERSEY,SERBIA,UNITED KINGDOM,GUERNSEY,SAINT PIERRE ET MIQUELON,VATICAN CITY STATE,ANDORRA,ALBANIA,ABKHAZIA

But keep in mind that Europe Text is only Pay per use. I think incoming text is free, so you may be fine at no cost. Just makes sure to add some money to your "wallet" (even if it is just a little) just in case. And obviously make sure you enable roaming and ensure your APN configuration is correct on your phone.

Answers

• Emporium
    Emporium Posts: 2,303 ✭✭
    Options

Travel addons, which are available for various destinations (not all, so please check that your destination is in the list). Each Travel Add-On applies to a zone — and there are several countries in each zone. For example, if you’re visiting France, there’s nothing stopping you from a frolic in Belgium or Spain... you’re covered.

https://fizz.ca/en/travel

• cherie
    cherie Posts: 4 ✭✭
    Options

So if a buy a travel add-on (data), I will still be able to receive my texts on my existing phone number?

This discussion has been closed.